mail forwarder shipito.com

For topics unrelated to bush walking or to the forums.

mail forwarder shipito.com

Postby wayno » Sat 01 Jun, 2013 11:52 am

Not a gripe but just my experience with the company shipito, something to be aware of
I ordered some gear from the states that is embargoed from being shipped outside of the states. so i used shipito.com and sent my gear to their warehouse in the states
the package turned up at their warehouse and i then organised for it to be forwarded to me in NZ. chose the method of shipping, in this case fedex. paid for it... and waited. . a couple of hours later i was sent an email by shipito saying my package had ben shipped with fedex and gave me the tracking no.. all good....
so i checked with fedex a few hours later, i find they are prety quick at updating the tracking details when the location or status of a package changes... but all the fedex website kept saying about my package was that they had been notified only of the package and nothing about it being collected.
twenty hours later on a business week and still nothing had changed,
i contacted shipito and got a couple of different responses. one said it had been shipped. but i was more inclined to believe fedex from experience which said they had only been notified and hadnt picked it up..... then i got another answer from shipito from another staff member that pointed out they will only pick up once a day and i had just missed the pickup so despite shipito saying my package had been shipped it wasnt going to be picked up for a full day....
so when shipito say a package has just been shipped I think what they really mean is they have notified the shipping company there is a package to collect and it has then gone to sit and wait at their loading dock to be collected by the shipping company whenever that happens to be based on their shedule for collecting from the forwarding company....
from the land of the long white clouds...
wayno
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New Zealand

Re: mail forwarder shipito.com

Postby frenchy_84 » Sat 01 Jun, 2013 2:35 pm

#firstworldproblems
frenchy_84
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Queensland

Postby wayno » Sat 01 Jun, 2013 6:23 pm

must say i cant fault fed ex, once they get the packages though, fastest couriers i've seen from the states, in the few hours since they picked it up they've got it from LA to san fran cisco where they fly packages out of the states.
their tracking is pretty up to date.
from the land of the long white clouds...
wayno
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby ninjapuppet » Sat 15 Nov, 2014 12:29 am

aust post have entered the market

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2014/11/05/12/13/aust-post-sets-up-warehouse-in-us

seems like its priced very competitively by using Aust post delivery compared to some couriers.
They should have entered the market when the aussie dollar was 1.10+
2 years too late.
ninjapuppet
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby photohiker » Sat 15 Nov, 2014 7:34 am

Old thread! :)
Michael
photohiker
Lagarostrobos franklinii