Chart magazine introduction

For topics unrelated to bush walking or to the forums.

Chart magazine introduction

Postby philthy » Fri 27 Jun, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi all,

(Not sure if this is the right forum section for this post, I've posted here because I feel that there are many likeminded people on the forums who would be interested in the project - mods please feel free to move it if inappropriate :) )

For the past 6 months I have been proudly working with a team of dear friends on a publication called CHART. While we have many goals, hopes and aspirations, the driving force behind all of them is fairly simple:

To reconnect humans with the environment(s) and our place within it/them. Be those environments in a city, in a suburb, or on a remote desert dune. To move beyond fetishising nature and towards the interconnected and interdependent system we are and must be in this time of ecological change.

The project will take many forms, but ultimately we will be publishing a magazine of writing and visual art that challenges traditional forms of engagement with the environments around us.

For those in Melbourne, we are kicking things off with a series of film screenings, Stories in Landscape; Landscape in Stories. The films are introduced by interesting people who give some food for thought before the film. More information below:

Mid-week films in a snuggly little cinema with a bar down the hall!
(Wednesday 2nd July, 8pm. Long Play, 318 St Georges Road, North Fitzroy)
This time we're showing The Hunter, set in Tassie, starring Wllem Dafoe. In a way it's about a guy looking for a thylacine, but it's about so much more than that really! We are unbelievably lucky to have Rhianna Boyle, master of zoology, and nature columnist with our close friends The Lifted Brow, coming along to introduce the film. Oh, and there will be a lucky door prize of a three-month subscription to Market Lane Coffee's coffee club! How generous they are to our cause! I can't believe it! It's $20 a pop, here: http://www.chartmagazine.bigcartel.com
philthy
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Victoria

Re: Chart magazine introduction

Postby philthy » Fri 27 Jun, 2014 1:31 pm

Oh and in the meantime, you can follow us on FB: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CHART/50 ... 92?fref=ts
philthy
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Victoria

Return to Between Bushwalks