Back to school!

For topics unrelated to bush walking or to the forums.

Back to school!

Postby Gadgetgeek » Thu 10 Jul, 2014 1:10 pm

Well, maybe. I've decided somewhat on where I want to go career-wise, and it seems like I have a bit of a plan. All signed up to do cert4 outdoor rec, so I can get back to running high-ropes and other programs. Not really the way I want to do it, but its the only option I've been given from several potential employers, so I guess its whats going to happen. Hopefully they will run the program this year, just needing to get a couple more sign-ups, otherwise they will push it to February. I'm looking forward to the bushwalking trips though!
Gadgetgeek
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Queensland

Re: Back to school!

Postby Gadgetgeek » Tue 22 Jul, 2014 2:57 pm

My class got confirmed! wooooo. Been spending so much time trying to sort out this career change, and now its on the fast (well, fast-ish) track. Some of it is going to mean a bit more commute, but you know, if I had to add a half hour to it, I think I'll take the half hour farther out of town instead of into Brisbane city center.
Gadgetgeek
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby GPSGuided » Tue 22 Jul, 2014 3:20 pm

Congrats GG! Remember, a bush escape is a great way to clear the head for more book studies and better grades.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New South Wales

Postby Gadgetgeek » Tue 22 Jul, 2014 3:30 pm

Given that the one book in the syllabus is an option, I don't that will be much trouble! But I get ya. I'm thinking that this will be a good stepping stone, and I'm thinking that I would like to head more towards teaching instructors, or other more advanced stuff besides just running ropes courses and the like. Either way, I'm really stoked to be going this direction, I'm about done with hotel conference rooms.
Gadgetgeek
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby Travis22 » Tue 22 Jul, 2014 3:32 pm

Congrats, best wishes for the job you want after you have finished the course.

Travis
Travis22
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Victoria

Return to Between Bushwalks