A Time for change and What a Women!

For topics unrelated to bush walking or to the forums.

A Time for change and What a Women!

Postby walkon » Wed 17 Dec, 2014 6:23 pm

After nearly 15 years contracting into another company its over or just about to be. The business was about to be bought out or go under with no future prospects for me there so I'm leaving while I can still get paid. A few months ago when I discussed rumors with Mrs Walkon on the phone, only one of us was stressed. On getting home that night I was faced with a smiling happy wife and a nice roast tea.

The reason she was happy was that 'now would be a good time for a change. To take a year off to relax, get a few things done and do what is good for me.' I think my thoughts and words were 'what a load of *&%$#!, cant do that' and gave a number of excuses why. I've grown up with the idea of the man being the stalwart in the family, working to support, keep everyone safe, warm, fed and happy. You just take the knocks on your chin and get on with it. Now Mrs Walkon has a good job and is usually never shy of voicing her ideas to me. Even if I have to be told again and again till I finally get what she's trying to say and this case was no exception. I'm working she says we'll be alright and we are. Slowly I started to think that this might be a good idea after all. Instead of trepidation its now expectation which believe me is a better place to be.

As I looked at a blank year ahead, all sorts of ideas came up. Always wanted to do the AAWT in one go and never had the time for it. TICK going late March early April, missing our twentieth wedding anniversary whoops no probs she will meet me somewhere :)) cause it will be good to get out together. Then the flood gates opened to where I could go because I had the time, trying not to spend too much time away from and upset Mrs Walkon of course.
Funny enough most of these are in Australia.

So three cheers for Mrs Walkon I say, I did something right 19 years ago that's for sure and what a year ahead!

P.s. I'm not entirely stupid. I know when I finally go back to work after awhile I will be asked if someone else can have a bit of time off as well and somehow her time off will make my 1 year seem small ;)
Last edited by walkon on Wed 17 Dec, 2014 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers Walkon

"I live in a very small house, but my windows look out on a very large world."
walkon
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Victoria

Re: A Time for change and What a Women!

Postby corvus » Wed 17 Dec, 2014 6:34 pm

Enjoy your time being a house Husband :) it wont happen again I hope untill you retire.
collige virgo rosas
corvus
Vercundus gearus-freakius
Vercundus gearus-freakius

Region: Tasmania

Postby walkon » Wed 17 Dec, 2014 8:11 pm

Thanks corvus. I reckon I'm going to get a lot of lists when I'm home :) . Few big jobs around the house and property, though I'm told she's making an apron for me :roll: .
Cheers Walkon

"I live in a very small house, but my windows look out on a very large world."
walkon

Region: Victoria

Postby Moondog55 » Wed 17 Dec, 2014 9:14 pm

Don't knock the apron, very handy
I've been a HH for 5 years now and the first 3 years are the worst
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55