Which walk would you do again ?

For topics unrelated to bush walking or to the forums.

Which walk would you do again ?

Postby vicrev » Sat 17 Jan, 2015 8:15 pm

Just curious...If you could return & do the same walk/hike, which would be your favourite,to do again ?.............
vicrev
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Victoria

Re: Which walk would you do again ?

Postby Strider » Sat 17 Jan, 2015 8:18 pm

Walls of Jerusalem in the snow
Strider
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby north-north-west » Sun 18 Jan, 2015 8:10 am

On the mainland - certain parts of the Alpine, Kosciuszko & Namadgi NPs. And the Centre. And Karijini. And Flinders/Gammon Ranges.
In Namadgi, the area around the border is my favourite, from Franklin and Aggie all the way around to Clear. Gingera and Ginini, Bimberi and Murray, the Scabbys, Kelly, Burbidge, Gudgenby etc. There's a lot of that I've explored in various ways four or five times and would love to get back to. Also love Bushfold.

In Kosciuszko there's not much I have done I wouldn't revisit. I never took to Pretty Plain but otherwise I love the thing. Faourites? Round Mtn to Jagungal via the Fifteen Mile, Wuthering Heights, Far Bald, Happy Jacks Plain, Doubtful Ck and Farm Ridge. Tabletop in the winter. Tantangara Creek. The Grey Mare Range. Tarn Bluff & The Kerries to Gungartan. The Bull Peaks & Brassies to Gungartan. Dicky Coopers and the Rolling Grounds. The Main Range (of course, especially the western fall). The country east of Thredbo from Drift Hill and Moonbah south to Stockwhip. The Pilot, Cowombat Ridge, Dales Creek and Cowombat Flat.

In the Victorian Alps all the country from Low Saddle to the Viking, including a lot of the access routes like Helicopter, Stanleys Name etc. The climb up to Selwyn from the east. Murray, Wongungurra and The Twins. Bon Accord, Razorback, Feathertop. Loch cct. The Fainters. Bogong cct. Just about anywhere on the high plains any time of year. The Cobberas. Limestone Creek & Davies Plain Ridge. Again I have done all of these at least twice and most of them have had numerous return visits.

In the Centre & Top End, Uluru, the Giles track, Tnorala, the Larapinta, the Hayes Rockhole loop.
Given the bureaucratic *&^%$#! involved in overnight walks or paddles in the main part of Nitmiluk I wouldn't go back but I'd still revisit Sweetwater Pool near Leliyn. The Tabletop up in Litchfield. The Yurmikmik tracks. Gunlom, especially back along the creek.

In Tassie, again there's not much I wouldn't redo. I don't care if I never see Bruny Island again. Dromedary, Elephant and The Chimaera are amongst those peaks you climb just to tick off the list. I'm so sick of the Lakeside track at Leeawuleena I've taken to paddling the lake instead. But pretty well everything else is worth a revisit. Or ten.

Still, if I had to pick just one as a grand finale . . . probably the Western Arthurs. Although the Larapinta would be a closer second than you might expect . . .
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
north-north-west
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Social Misfits Anonymous
Region: Tasmania

Postby Graham51 » Mon 19 Jan, 2015 3:49 pm

I'd be happy to redo nearly anything but my all time favourite is Ducane Range for a walk over about 4 days. My favourite day walk I've ever done was Mt Anne - up over NE Ridge and down to Condominnium Creek.
Graham51
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Hallu » Mon 19 Jan, 2015 7:03 pm

Mt Murchison, many walks in NZ I did in the rain, Anniversary Bay in Tassie, anything in Mt William NP or Croajingolong. What's weird is that none would be in NT or WA. Not because the scenery sucks, but because the tracks aren't that interesting : short ones mostly, lack of info, awful road to go to the start of the walk. With Tassie and VIC you're never too far from good food and a great campground.
Hallu
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Other Country

Postby corvus » Mon 19 Jan, 2015 9:03 pm

If fit all of them :)
collige virgo rosas
corvus
Vercundus gearus-freakius
Vercundus gearus-freakius

Postby dingelberry » Tue 20 Jan, 2015 6:11 am

Fell in love with the overland track a few years ago . I know its not the hardest but the side trips are all well worth the time and if your prepared to go off track you have the whole place to yourself ahh the serenity ! fresh air fresh water doesn't get any better.
dingelberry
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: n/a
Region: New South Wales

Postby icefest » Tue 20 Jan, 2015 6:51 pm

Frankland-wilmot Ra.
Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful.
icefest
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby vicrev » Wed 21 Jan, 2015 7:42 pm

Going to throw a curly one here,I love walking & getting lost in big cities,my favourite , without doubt, is Venice,went back there 4 times & am going again,not a bushwalk ,I know,but,............
vicrev

Postby TerraMer » Fri 23 Jan, 2015 12:13 am

It is not a bushwalk but I would walk across the Nullarbor again and again and again... It is an amazing place
thehappywalkblog.wordpress.com
Solo unaccompanied walk around Australia
Sponsored by The Australian Geographic Society
TerraMer
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: The Happy Walk
Region: Australia

Return to Between Bushwalks