WANTED Polar Proof sample

For topics unrelated to bush walking or to the forums.

WANTED Polar Proof sample

Postby axel » Fri 20 Mar, 2015 10:57 pm

Hi everyone, I am looking to do a bit of an experiment with a few different products for the purposes of retreating the fabric on my kitesurfing kite to make it more airtight.

I wish to make an experiment where I make a number of 30cm x 30cm samples of nylon ripstop and apply a range of different sealers, Nikwax Polar Proof being one of them.

As I am only treating a single 30cm square of fabric, I don't really want to shell out $25 for whole bottle, especially as I may never use the remainder and thus I was wondering if anyone would be willing to send me a small amount just for this purpose.

I can be contacted via PM or email sendtristanmail@gmail.com. I live in Melbourne.

Many thanks and have a great day,

Tristan.
axel
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Victoria

Re: WANTED Polar Proof sample

Postby Strider » Fri 20 Mar, 2015 11:29 pm

Have you tried approaching the various manufactures? They might be willing to put their products to the test against competitors if a review or blog post was to be published with the outcomes. Worth a try..
Strider
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Moondog55 » Sat 21 Mar, 2015 10:40 am

I'm happy to send you a sample but the postage will cost you almost as much as a whole small bottle.
However if you pass through Geelong drop in and I'll decant 10 milliliters for you

PS
Don't put your personal contact details up in an open forum page, not safe even here where most of us are more than trustworthy
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby axel » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 6:43 pm

Strider wrote:Have you tried approaching the various manufactures? They might be willing to put their products to the test against competitors if a review or blog post was to be published with the outcomes. Worth a try..

Hi Strider, I have contacted the Australian distributer of Nikwax and got no joy there unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestion though.
axel
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby axel » Sun 22 Mar, 2015 6:46 pm

Moondog55 wrote:I'm happy to send you a sample but the postage will cost you almost as much as a whole small bottle.
However if you pass through Geelong drop in and I'll decant 10 milliliters for you

PS
Don't put your personal contact details up in an open forum page, not safe even here where most of us are more than trustworthy

Hi Moondog, thanks for your offer, I'll get in contact if I'm down your way and it's still convenient to you.

Re posting my personal email here I'm not worried at all with the types of people who are on this forum. If I was on a Kanye West fan forum I might think twice...

Cheers,

Tristan.
axel
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby Moondog55 » Fri 27 Mar, 2015 11:55 am

If you are coming to the Glamping week-end at Mt Franklin I'll bring the bottle and you can take some proofed fabric home with you. 10 millilitres will be enough for what you want
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby axel » Sun 05 Apr, 2015 9:59 pm

Sorry, I am housebound with a 5 week old baby, no camping (or even glamping) for me I'm afraid...
axel
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby Moondog55 » Sun 05 Apr, 2015 10:56 pm

Congratulations on the newborn Enjoy the time; it last for such a small space in the total scheme of things
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Return to Between Bushwalks