Treechange

For topics unrelated to bush walking or to the forums.

Treechange

Postby Lindsay » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 4:14 pm

Well, we've done it. Quit our jobs, sold our house in Sydney and moved to a few acres on the outskirts of Mudgee, NSW. This is something we have been thinking about for a while and finally decided to take the plunge. The only problem has been the internet, or lack thereof, but now that seems to be sorted. Also, my daypack, water bladder and gaiters seem to have gone missing during the move, but there are still a few boxes to unpack so they may turn up eventually. Only one local walk done so far, a quick 8ks out and back to Castle Rocks in the Munghorn Gap nature reserve, but I'm looking to get some more in when we are fully settled.
Lindsay
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: New South Wales

Re: Treechange

Postby michael_p » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 5:18 pm

Congratulations. I would love to get out of the Sydney rat-race but........insert a million reasons here why we can't yet........

Good location Mudgee. Reasonable distance from a few very good NPs and not to forget the local wineries.

Cheers,
Michael.
One foot in front of the other.
michael_p
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby Kainas » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 7:12 pm

Bravo. I love living in regional areas.... and not just because housing costs well under half what is paid in the cities.
Kainas
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby vicrev » Mon 08 Jun, 2015 7:50 pm

Congratulations,great isn't it ? :D ....We did a seachange 3 months ago,when we watch the news& the traffic/helicopter report comes on ,we still gloat/smirk & say , poor b#%$&*&s, inconsiderate & unfeeling ,aren't we...... :wink: ....
vicrev

Region: Victoria

Postby Lindsay » Tue 09 Jun, 2015 3:53 pm

vicrev wrote:Congratulations,great isn't it ? :D ....We did a seachange 3 months ago,when we watch the news& the traffic/helicopter report comes on ,we still gloat/smirk & say , poor b#%$&*&s, inconsiderate & unfeeling ,aren't we...... :wink: ....

Yep, we do the same.... :D We have been back to the city a couple of times and are so glad we don't live there anymore.
Lindsay

Return to Between Bushwalks