Blog Links

Discussion about this site, including these forums (eg, suggestions, comments, queries). Topics may be manually deleted occasionally (eg, after suggestions dealt with, or changes bedded in).

Should Blog Links in signatures be allowed?

Yes?
75%
No?
25%

Total votes : 28

Re: Blog Links

Postby Nuts » Thu 20 Dec, 2012 4:28 pm

doogs wrote:If all regular visitors to this site endeavoured write a trip report or added some pictures to the gallery a couple of times a year it would be a fantastically amazing resource.

Yes, I agree. Even 'the games' are an amazing collection of knowledge (even with a single.. correctly labeled, word or two). Given the potential for all those places to be expanded with galleries and trip reports that sort of content can't just be grabbed from anywhere, it's not as if the site is Just a gear blog...

I also can't see it changing whoever is at the helm into the future and really don't think it's effected much by the advertising? Reverence for advertisers doesn't seem to have had any effect on posts? ( people are allowed to pick apart even the advertisers on here..(to a point)) wouldn't seem that wize to make too many changes.. given that some of the most experienced are equally troublesome (LOL)
Nuts
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Postby north-north-west » Thu 20 Dec, 2012 4:49 pm

doogs wrote:If all regular visitors to this site endeavoured write a trip report or added some pictures to the gallery a couple of times a year it would be a fantastically amazing resource.

Yer. I plead guilty, m'lud, of insufficient trip reportage, especially considering the frequency of walks.
But it takes me ages to get photos sorted and then it seems odd to be reporting on a trip that happened months back.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
north-north-west
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Social Misfits Anonymous

Postby Nuts » Sun 30 Dec, 2012 6:33 am

Well. Thanks to those who contributed. I had planned to poll a few such topics, bring a few more forum & site topics up for discussion, issues that may be more than occasional 'noise', changes that may (or not) have been noticed.. tbh, I too can't really be bothered..

Personally I think the slash and burn approach is the only 'final solution' for moderation as the site grows and the numbers in the commentary box follow. A merry xmas and happy new year to all the good people on the forum, commiserations to those few others LOL
Nuts
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby pazzar » Tue 08 Jan, 2013 3:40 pm

doogs wrote:It would be nice if people who enjoy writing blogs could contribute some of their trip reports to this forum rather than encouraging people to visit their blogs to read them. It would only take a few minutes to copy and paste the story from their blog and then add a few pictures. A forum is only what it's members make it and the more folk who that make a meaningful contribution then the better it is going to be. If all regular visitors to this site endeavoured write a trip report or added some pictures to the gallery a couple of times a year it would be a fantastically amazing resource.

Is it really worth all the extra time to upload more photos to paste in a trip report? I know I just linked to my blog for my latest report, purely because I had just spent hours writing it up and uploading photos. Why do it again when I can just post the link? I am still sharing my report aren't I?
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."
pazzar
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Previous

Return to Forum & Site