Tapatalk not working?

Discussion about this site, including these forums (eg, suggestions, comments, queries). Topics may be manually deleted occasionally (eg, after suggestions dealt with, or changes bedded in).

Tapatalk not working?

Postby Singe » Wed 26 Jul, 2017 7:17 pm

Is anyone else finding that this forum won't load in Tapatalk?

Stopped working for me within the last couple of days; I just get a loading spinner ad infinitum. Other sites working fine.

I know Tapatalk is a pita to support (another forum I do some admin work for abandoned it a while back) so not complaining at all if that's the case - just trying to find out whether I should remove it from there and use the browser or troubleshoot on my end. :)
“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it is not the same river and he is not the same man.” -Heraclitus
Singe
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Re: Tapatalk not working?

Postby wildwalks » Wed 26 Jul, 2017 7:59 pm

Hi Singe

Tapatalk really is a PITA :)

I think the version of code I am using has expired on the site. I need to upgrade the site -- we have hit a code change that means updating the skin and bunch of stuff. I have been putting it off for a few months now. Realistically it will take a few months I suspect until I get the time to sort out the upgrade.
Sorry for the hassle. Prob best to use mobile version until then.

Matt :)
wildwalks
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Wildwalks, Bushwalk.com & NPA NSW

Postby rurik » Wed 26 Jul, 2017 9:36 pm

I just read this thread and responded in Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rurik
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Postby GPSGuided » Thu 27 Jul, 2017 12:12 am

Seemed to be working ok with this current version of Tapatalk on iOS. Posting on it.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Singe » Thu 27 Jul, 2017 2:24 pm

Now that's curious - using Tapatalk now on the work iPhone (my phone is a Galaxy S8). So seems to be an Android only issue.

No dramas, have bookmarked the URL. The mobile version is very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it is not the same river and he is not the same man.” -Heraclitus
Singe
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby Singe » Sun 03 Sep, 2017 10:48 am

Update: resolved this by logging out and back in (dunno why I didn't try this earlier).

Since then, I've had to sign out & in at least daily; I remember getting logged out regularly on desktop browser but not quite that often. Anyone else out there having similar issues?
Singe
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby GPSGuided » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 8:10 am

Nope, no problem on the latest iOS and Tapatalk versions. Consider deleting the app and reinstall and see. Deleting old files may resolve the problem. Otherwise try to update to the latest version.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Singe » Tue 19 Sep, 2017 2:00 pm

GPSGuided wrote:Nope, no problem on the latest iOS and Tapatalk versions. Consider deleting the app and reinstall and see. Deleting old files may resolve the problem. Otherwise try to update to the latest version.
App is up to date and have tried all the usual troubleshooting steps - funny thing is it only affects this forum and occasionally I'm logged out on the laptop (chrome on Windows 10) as well.

Can't resolve it but I can live with it ;)
Singe
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Return to Forum & Site