Private Forums Now Available

Discussion about this site, including these forums (eg, suggestions, comments, queries). Topics may be manually deleted occasionally (eg, after suggestions dealt with, or changes bedded in).

Re: Private Forums Now Available

Postby Son of a Beach » Fri 06 May, 2011 4:18 pm

ILUVSWTAS wrote:What on earth would people be opposed to?? Some people just like to whinge about ANYTHING!! Just tell them they are no longer being used Nik.

Maybe it was a mistake to post this information publicly. No, just kidding. I do like to be open about what's going on with the site...

OR if they really wanna see what is gonig on in these private forums take a snippet from one of our conversations and post it in a PUBLIC FORUM!!!!!!! :twisted:

...but not THAT open! ;-)

If these private forums are taken away I will be very unhappy.

They're not likely to be taken away unless I have reason to believe that their use turns out to be detrimental to the public forums (or if a group stops using it, or requests it themselves). So far that does not appear to be the case, and I don't think it's likely to happen.
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Bit Map (NIXANZ)
Region: Tasmania

Postby ILUVSWTAS » Fri 06 May, 2011 4:32 pm

sthughes wrote:(ish).

The discussions would (and do) take place anyway. I can't see any issue with that happening via a more convenient format.

Again, this is so true. In fact if is WAS to stop happening through BWT, I suspect the groups involved will go to a different forum that ofeers a similar thing and just re-form the groups there. Then we'd all be here less anyway....
Nothing to see here.
ILUVSWTAS
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Tony » Fri 06 May, 2011 5:35 pm

I think it is ironic that many (but not all) of the BWA members who are unable to handle some other members point of views over the private forum debate are the same BWA members who struggled with others views in the lightweight gear debate.

After reading the latest posts in this thread I have decided to change my mind and I now think private forums are now an excellent idea, it now has my full support.

Tony
There is no such thing as bad weather.....only bad clothing. Norwegian Proverb
Tony
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Postby ILUVSWTAS » Fri 06 May, 2011 5:42 pm

Glad you've come around Tony.

I've come around to the idea of the light weight thing in recent times myself, but still not to your extreme. :wink:
Nothing to see here.
ILUVSWTAS
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby corvus » Fri 06 May, 2011 6:09 pm

Tony wrote:I think it is ironic that many (but not all) of the BWA members who are unable to handle some other members point of views over the private forum debate are the same BWA members who struggled with others views in the lightweight gear debate.

After reading the latest posts in this thread I have decided to change my mind and I now think private forums are now an excellent idea, it now has my full support.

Tony

G'day Tony,
I thought that over the years you and I had agreed to disagree over the Lightweight topic and that thanks to you I have investigated and invested in lighter gear it is all part of being different :) so personally it is not a case of me being unable to handle other points of view, just my right to stand by my opinions and beliefs and express them without fear or favour and not being beholden to any man I do so in the open Forum as any member is permitted to do within the rules as you have just done :)
corvus
Last edited by corvus on Sun 08 May, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
collige virgo rosas
corvus
Vercundus gearus-freakius
Vercundus gearus-freakius

Previous

Return to Forum & Site