FS [Syd NSW] Bernina 707 sewing machine

Once an item is sold, found or thread is no longer needed we move it here. These maybe helpful for historic reasons.

FS [Syd NSW] Bernina 707 sewing machine

Postby undercling-mike » Thu 27 Jul, 2017 6:37 pm

Hi all, I have a Bernina 707 sewing machine for sale that I think would make a great machine for DIY gear projects or repairs. I got it as a backup machine (although never actually used it on any of the quilts I've made) because it has a nice solid stitch action and very good stitch quality, it feels a lot better to sew with than any low cost modern machine I've used.

The machine is well used but it sews very nicely and all of the functions are working correctly so it appears to have been well looked after. In terms of features it has forward and reverse, straight stitch, zig zag and a few other stitches (see picture), basically all you need for DIY gear projects. It's completely mechanical with two speed settings (speed is controlled with the foot control in either setting but the slow setting gives more control at low speeds).

It comes with what seem to be basically all of the original accessories including the carry case, extension table, a variety of presser feet (I've only considered using the standard foot and zipper foot but there are a few others) and a few other items (darning ring, brush... see the photos).

This is definitely a pick-up only item but the advantage for anyone interested is you can come and test it out and get a demo of the functions.

$150, pick up in Pagewood/Maroubra, Sydney

eDSC00326.JPG

eDSC00329.JPG

eDSC00330.JPG

eDSC00334.JPG

eDSC00335.JPG

eDSC00328.JPG
undercling-mike
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Re: FS [Syd NSW] Bernina 707 sewing machine