WTB - Tarptent Scarp 1

Buy, sell, trade, loan, borrow, hire, etc, plus lost & found. Private transactions only.
Forum rules
Market topic titles should begin with abbreviated state and location enclosed in square brackets where appropriate, followed by brief item description. Eg [TAS Hbt] Exped UL7 Mat or [NSW Syd Post Aus] Scarpa SL US43

Lost Property topic titles should begin with either [LOST] or [FOUND] and should include the State and/or location and the item description. Eg, [LOST] TAS, Head Torch, Crater Lake.

For Sale topics should be advertising only one item, with seven new topics per person per week permitted to encourage this (eg. One topic for selling a sleeping bag, and a second topic for a back pack).

Bushwalking related topics only please, this is not eBay or Gumtree. If your item for sale is also advertised elsewhere you are encouraged to post the link to it in your topic. No commercial posts are allowed - private sales only.

When your topic is resolved / no longer needed, you are required to:
(a) post, to indicate that the item is sold - preferably by editing the title of the topic (edit the first post) and put a [SOLD] in front of the title;
(b) lock your topic using the popup menu and button at the bottom right of the topic page. You cannot lock other people's topics, and only moderators can unlock topics.
If you need help with the above, you may report your own post asking for assistance.

For Sale / Wanted topics will expire after 3 months if there are no replies by the OP (original poster) in that time.
Lost / Found topics will expire after 6 months if there are no replies by the OP in that time.
Locked and expired topics will be moved to the "Sold, Claimed and closed" sub-forum by the moderation team, contact a moderator if you wish to have a topic restored.
People should update their topics with a reply indicating its status if they wish to keep the topic open.

NB: New members with no posts on the forum cannot send Private Messages. (This is to prevent PM spam.) New members will have to post in the forum, or contact an admin to request the ability to use private messaging.

WTB - Tarptent Scarp 1

Postby redrock » Fri 22 Sep, 2017 1:54 pm

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone has a Scarp 1 that wants a new home.

Been looking for awhile and this seems to be one of the best options in terms of weather-proofness and livability.

Thanks
redrock
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Western Australia

Re: WTB - Tarptent Scarp 1

Postby Singe » Sun 08 Oct, 2017 2:51 pm

redrock wrote:Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone has a Scarp 1 that wants a new home.

Been looking for awhile and this seems to be one of the best options in terms of weather-proofness and livability.

Thanks
It is indeed a great shelter - can't say I'm overly keen on parting with mine, but I do use it as a solo shelter these days and it's kind of overkill for that, and I've been eyeing off a few lighter options... How much would you be looking to pay?

I've a solid interior, crossing poles and a tyvek groundsheet. Near new condition, except that it's already seam sealed ;)
“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it is not the same river and he is not the same man.” -Heraclitus
Singe
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby redrock » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 12:56 pm

Hi Singe,

Thanks for your query, I've sent you a PM.

When you say 'overkill' do you mean for the main conditions you hike in?

I'm looking for a tent specifically for a few more Tassie trips, 3+ season. In the past I've slept in a Macpac Minaret (E/W Arthurs) and Mont Moondance 1 (OLT, Labyrinth) and they were ok but not my gear. (the Mondance is shortlisted though)

What were the lighter options you had your eye on if I may ask?

Thanks
redrock
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby redrock » Mon 20 Nov, 2017 1:46 pm

Still got my eye on one of these...
redrock
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby Strider » Tue 09 Jan, 2018 10:05 pm

Hi Redrock. I am considering selling my Scarp 1. Feel free to send me a PM if still looking to buy.
Strider
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Postby redrock » Thu 11 Jan, 2018 3:43 pm

Thanks Strider, yes still keen on this tent.

PM sent.
redrock
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby Strider » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 2:37 pm

Have replied to your pm Redrock

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Strider
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii