Desktop version
Once an item is sold, found or thread is no longer needed we move it here. These maybe helpful for historic reasons.
Topic locked

[For Sale ACT] Macpac AMP40 backpack - Size 3

Sat 07 Oct, 2017 2:15 pm

This has been sitting in my closet a couple of years now. Lightly used and in excellent condition. It has had one minor repair where the bungee cord on a side pocket pulled out. This is a Version 1 model that weighs 1.29kg - plenty of pockets and comfortable padded back so should be suitable for 12kg as a minimum.

Price $120 posted.

AMP40 1.JPG
AMP40 Front

AMP40 2.JPG
AMP40 Side and Back

Re: [For Sale ACT] Macpac AMP40 backpack - Size 3

Sat 21 Oct, 2017 4:05 pm

Price Drop - $95 + delivery.

Sun 10 Dec, 2017 8:52 am

Price drop - $95 delivered.

Sat 10 Feb, 2018 4:04 pm

Price drop - $85 delivered.

Wed 14 Feb, 2018 5:07 pm

Hi Mark.
I'm guessing from the name that it's 40 litres? And it's frameless?
I'm not familiar with Macpac sizing. I'm about 175cm - do you think this would fit me?
Cheers.

Thu 15 Feb, 2018 4:03 pm

It is a 40 litre capacity, most probably a couple of litres bigger as it is a Size 3 which is the longest back length (a few models have a size 4 which is longer still). I find it comfortable at 180cm tall. I expect you will be at the lower end of the fitting range but a quick measure can sort that out. Scratching around in older web pages I found a retail site that stated the AMP 40 (original not the V2) using the normal back length measure from the C7 vertebra to the iliac crest size 3 fits 42-49cm. If you are unfamiliar with this measurement a google will find any number of diagrams and notes on working this out.

It is frameless but the back is reasonably padded and seems to have a flexible back board in it. I have used the pack for a 7 day trip on the olt carrying at least 12 kg as I had food for two and a heavier than normal tent - was still comfortable.

Thu 19 Apr, 2018 5:53 pm

bump
Topic locked