FS[VIC-POST] - MLD Cricket 1 pers 800g Tarptent inc. net

Once an item is sold, found or thread is no longer needed we move it here. These maybe helpful for historic reasons.

FS[VIC-POST] - MLD Cricket 1 pers 800g Tarptent inc. net

Postby jdeks » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 12:33 pm

Righto, time to finally bite the bullet.

Selling my cricket tent

Full tech details here: https://mountainlaureldesigns.com/produ ... amid-tarp/

In depth review here:http://www.tramplite.com/2013/02/mld-cricket-review.html

Note this is for the combined package of outer tarp AND net.

In my humble opinion, about the best balance of minimalism vs capability of any 1-pers tarptent I've ever used. Or in plainspeak - about as small and light as you can get while still being a reliable and versatile shelter.

Packs down in a compression sack to about the size of a 1L nalgene bottle, pitches in just a few mins. Weighs abut 800g (less than most bivvi bags), but has room for you, a small pack and just a little cook-space. Well capable for any 3 season weather you'd be out hiking in anyway.

So why am I even selling? Well, don't make me think about it too much. This is my 2nd - I bought one some years back with no net, loved it, but sold it because with biking and snow-hiking I was using the trailstar more often. Immediately after selling I regretted it, so got one brand new, with the net. Did a few weekenders, and loved it. Then tried using it for about 3 months on a big bike trip and again realized with the extra gear its just too small to be easy for day-to-day living over long periods. The Trailstar covers that, and I cant justify owning them both but using one.

I'd reckon I've done maybe 15 nights in it. Its about as close to new as you get without it actually being new. Not even seam sealed yet, I've never needed to on any MLD gear.

IIRC it was about $550 landed here when I got it. Looking for $400 and cover the post anywhere in aus. Moreover if you want to test it, happy to arrange a deposit and let you try it for a weekend in the yard. Pegs and pole not included. Rake is negotiable.

But be quick before I decide I still want it for Larapinta....
jdeks
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Australia

Re: FS[VIC-POST] - MLD Cricket 1 pers 800g Tarptent inc. ne

Postby jadasa » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 1:50 pm

rake included?
jadasa
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Tasmania

Postby jdeks » Fri 24 Nov, 2017 1:53 pm

im sure we can come to some arrangement! :lol:

might bump the shipping a bit tho
jdeks
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby jdeks » Wed 13 Dec, 2017 9:46 pm

And sold.

now all that remains if for me to decide I want one again....
jdeks
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Return to Sold Claimed Closed and Expired