Desktop version
Once an item is sold, found or thread is no longer needed we move it here. These maybe helpful for historic reasons.
Topic locked

[NSW]- WTB 1 person tent

Sun 17 Dec, 2017 4:10 pm

Hi folks,
Chasing a small 1 person tent. Something like a Nemo Hornet, Hille Enan or MSR Hubba would be ace.

Packed size is more of a consideration than weight, ideally I'd like the inner and fly to fit into a 5L dry sack. It'll be predominantly used for cycle touring so nothing that uses trekking poles please.

I'm located in the Blue Mountains but head into the CBD on a semi regularly. Happy to pay for postage for the right tent. Thanks guys and gals.

Re: [NSW]- WTB 1 person tent

Sun 17 Dec, 2017 8:35 pm

Sorry I don't have anything for you except a review.
I recently aquired a Big Sky Chinook 1, and rate it rather highly, especially if livable space and two vestibules are important to you.

High build quality, huge internal room, pockets, good zips, light, and sturdier with the 3rd pole than my previous Hubba HP. Isla de Navarino, Patagonia tested.

I don't often review publicly, and I have no commercial connection, but I actually bought the winter inner also to have the best of Tassie experiences. One caveat- non existent service from the States site, and limited but friendly from BPL.

And if not the Chinook, perhaps a lighter model.

Best of luck with your choice

Mon 18 Dec, 2017 6:39 am

This is a nice light and compact tent. https://www.wildearth.com.au/buy/vango- ... FTE-HEL2-M
Packs down to 45cm x 16cm diameter and weighs 1.4kg. I have no affiliation with Wildearth but I do own one of these.
As a side note sleeping 2 in this tent would be only suit a couple of very friendly people.

Mon 18 Dec, 2017 9:23 am

Big Anes Copper Spur is just under a kg and packs small for a double skin tent:
currently on sale but still pretty expensive:

https://www.wildearth.com.au/buy/big-ag ... tan/tcs114
Topic locked