[WTB Melbourne] 2 panels of Z lite (closed cell foam)

Once an item is sold, found or thread is no longer needed we move it here. These maybe helpful for historic reasons.

[WTB Melbourne] 2 panels of Z lite (closed cell foam)

Postby emma_melbourne » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 7:04 pm

WANTED TO BUY: 2 panels of Z lite (Thermarest closed cell foam)

I am hoping someone may have trimmed down their Z lite to save weight, or as it's too long for their height, and might be willing to sell me 2 panels together.

I have a pack which will perfectly fit 2 panels of the Thermarest Z lite closed cell foam pad, as the back panel, and double as a sit pad. And I don't want to buy an entire Z lite just to cut off 2 panels, if I can help it.

Fine if it's the old Z lite or the new Z lite SOL.

Thanks!

Emma
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 7.43.20 pm.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 7.43.20 pm.png (126.85 KiB) Viewed 4584 times
emma_melbourne
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Re: [WTB Melbourne] 2 panels of Z lite (closed cell foam)

Postby CasualNerd » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 10:15 pm

I know it's not what you're looking for exactly but there are cheaper knock off versions of the z lite and individual sit pads on aliexpress.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NatureH ... 21317.html

Just in case it fits.
CasualNerd
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Postby crollsurf » Thu 18 Oct, 2018 11:15 pm

Hi Emma, are you sure you want to do this? I use the Z pad for so many things. Folding it in half as a seat for extra thermal protection. As a pillow. Standing on it outside my tent to put my shoes on in the morning...

And as padding for my pack. I fold the 2 outside sections in on themselves to help contour my frameless pack to my back.

The weight saving is negligable compared to flexibility of having the whole seat in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
crollsurf
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New South Wales

Postby Zapruda » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 5:21 am

Hi Emma,

I can help you out. Shoot me a PM when you can. I may not reply until Sunday night as I will be out bush.

Cheers
Zapruda
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Postby emma_melbourne » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 12:02 pm

Thank you @Zapruda.

I'll PM you now, and you can message me back whenever suits you. Enjoy the bush.

@crollsurf Thanks for your input / concern. By way of explanation I have a Berghaus Fast Hike 45, and just 2 segments of the Z lite is ideal for the specific back water bladder compartment to substitute the back support it usually comes with - which is perforated and doesn't work effectively as a butt bad on wet grass or ground. There's a Youtube review of the backpack I have here and you'll understand better why I just want 2 segments of Z lite. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5rPpKea-D4 (around 11.30 seconds into video.) The measurements of the 50 cm width of the Z lite works perfect for the entire back panel and the thickness is right also to fit into that back water bladder compartment.

I have a NeoAir Xlite Large as my sleeping mat, for my lightweight set-up / multi-day hikes. (I also have a really luxury heavy Self-Inflating mat, a Sea to Summit Comfort Plus Self-Inflating, which is a whopping 1.2 kg and bulky but is as comfortable as my queen mattress at home, and I use it for where I'm doing a short hike-in and more camping than hiking kind of scenario. And carry it in in a bigger 65 litre Berghaus Wilderness pack which swallows that bulk easily.) So I don't need a full length Z lite. Unless maybe I was to start Winter hiking and wanted it under my NeoAir Xlite, for extra insulation and redundancy built-in also in case of a mat failure. But at this stage I only do 3 season hiking, in fact more like 2 season hiking. Pussy I know. :wink:

Best,

Emma
emma_melbourne
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby emma_melbourne » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 12:14 pm

Thanks @CasualNerd

I do have a Thermarest Z-Seat already but it's only 33 cm wide, and not the 50 cm width I am wanting for the back panel on my backpack - hence 2 x panels of Z lite which are 50 cm wide. The length of my backpack back hydration panel (where I'm inserting foam panel) is 53 cm.

I had a look on Aliexpress and they're very cheap for Z-seats, which is great for someone who doesn't have one. And Naturehike also do a Z-folding closed cell foam full length mat, but it's 57 cm wide which is too wide for my back panel length and I'd have to cut off 2 sections and cut them to 50 cm width and discard all the rest. (I can't justify storing an extra mat in my small Melbourne apartment.) I thought if someone happens to have 2 panels of Z lite cut off, it would be ideal. So if @Zapruda happens to have 2 sections somewhere not being used, I would love to buy them.

However thanks so much for the suggestion. Very helpful and I'll keep that in mind as a back up.

Best,

Emma
emma_melbourne
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby Mark F » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 12:16 pm

I would have offered a couple of segments of ZLite but only just saw the post. I use 4 segments folded in half in my Laufbursche Huckesack as a frame. A bit more rigid than just two segments and better coverage when used under my feet when using a short pad.
"Perfection is attained not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to remove".
Mark F
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Postby Moondog55 » Fri 19 Oct, 2018 1:13 pm

A trip to Clark Rubber may give you what you need, just thick CCF cut to measure and paid for by the square decimetre
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Rosscodj » Tue 23 Oct, 2018 3:03 pm

Would this suit? Gossamer Gear SitLight Camp Seat. Medium is 27 x 50 x 2 cm. https://www.gossamergear.com/collections/sleeping-pads/products/sitlight-camp-seat
Rosscodj
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby emma_melbourne » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 10:49 am

I've just received the segments of Theramrest Z-lite which fit my pack perfectly. Thanks @Zapruda!

And thank you everyone for your input and advice.

I'll close the topic down now that mission is accomplished.

Best,

Emma
emma_melbourne
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Return to Sold Claimed Closed and Expired