Desktop version
Once an item is sold, found or thread is no longer needed we move it here. These maybe helpful for historic reasons.
Topic locked

[FS TAS]Moment DW lightwgt solo tent $490 <1kg

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 5:07 pm

This is a catch-and-hold-on-for-months-and-change-my-mind-often-then-release item. I don't need 3 solo tents at this point, and it's too similar to what I already have. So it's back up for sale. $490 including postage in Australia.

Almost new condition, only used for one night.* Double walled (DW) solo tent, made by Tarptent, with solid inner (mesh at the top of the walls). Very quick and easy to pitch with just 2 pegs in its standard form, hence its name (Moment).

It comes professionally seam-sealed, includes a tyvek groundsheet, 2 pegs, and the crossing pole for free-standing option with increased snow-load and wind capacity. Storm-worthiness can also be increased by adding guy lines to attachment points partway down each pole sleeve, and at 4 points around the base of the fly

This is not the 2019 version that's now on the Tarptent website. Current cost of that new version with the solid inner, seam-sealing + tyvek + delivery to Australia = $667AUD.

Some features I love are:
- the diagonally opposite doors, so no matter which way the wind is blowing, one vestibule will be more sheltered. The whole tent can be very quickly re-positioned if you really want to.
- integral pitch (both fly and inner together), but you can take the inner down separately if you want to. But I find with my Scarp 1 tent (same style of inner), even if I pack up the tent with the fly soaked from rain and condensation, the inner floor is usually dry when I pitch it again that night. If not, I wipe up a couple of drips.
- the easily enlarged vestibules - slide the inner in for e.g. (very careful) cooking, slide it back for more room inside for sleeping.
- the stable Tarptent 'pitchloc' corners
- the option of using it as a free-standing tent with the extra pole.

This version has been a popular tent - one of the lightest double-walled tents around at about 960 gm with pole and 2 pegs. The fly of the new version comes down closer to the ground - less likely to get rain splash, but likely to get more condensation (like my Scarp). Going by my Scarp, when I have the door of the fly open, I don't think the rain splash would be a big deal with the solid inner.

*Camped in for one mild night by previous owner, pitched again for photos. Put up 3 times on the carpet in the garage with the groundsheet by me.

My photos don't show a very good pitch as I didn't use pegs inside (!). I also took some photos to try to show how much room there is with a regular NeoAir Xtherm mattress, but it's hard to see. There's a total of about 30cm spare between the ends of the mat and the ends of the inner.

More info and photos here: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=27890&p=351877&hilit=Moment+DW#p350864
Attachments
DSC04603.jpg
Pitched with extra crossing pole
DSC04604.jpg
End on with crossing pole
DSC04607.jpg
with foot of Xtherm
DSC04610.jpg
With head of Xtherm
DSC04606.jpg
Slider to adjust size of vestibule
Last edited by Tortoise on Thu 24 Jan, 2019 7:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Moment DW lightweight solo tent $490 <1kg

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 7:08 pm

Great tent. I have one, mine is a bit tired, but still has plenty of nights left , used it on the PCT.
Cant justify buying another tent as I just bought a Tarptent Notch LI.
Just a recommendation.

Re: Moment DW lightweight solo tent $490 <1kg

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 7:26 pm

:lol: That's 2 or 3 of the same tents we've had. Maybe I should get a redraw on my mortgage and get a Notch Li too...
Thanks for the recommendation for the Moment. :)

Re: [FS TAS]Moment DW lightwgt solo tent $490 <1kg

Mon 18 Feb, 2019 8:29 am

PRICE DROP $470 posted in Australia - sorry I couldn't edit the original post or subject
Topic locked