[FS Sydney] Primus liquid fuel stoves

Once an item is sold, found or thread is no longer needed we move it here. These maybe helpful for historic reasons.

[FS Sydney] Primus liquid fuel stoves

Postby rcaffin » Sun 02 Jun, 2019 7:53 pm

I am selling a range of liquid fuel stoves. They were in general sent to me as Editor of Backpackinglight for test & review. In most cases they have been used no more than 2 or maybe 3 times. They were tested with Coleman Fuel in general. Several brands have already been posted here.

All of these stove will burn Shellite, Coleman Fuel or (US) white gas (petrol, so to speak). Some of them will also burn kerosene. Kerosene has the advantage that, unlike petrol, it does not go 'whoomp' when it is spilt. It does need priming, typically with a little bit of metho. I used kerosene for many years before switching to canister stoves. In some cases the kit includes different jets for the different fuels.

They all come with fuel bottle and pump (except as noted). Note that there seems to be two different threads used on the fuel bottles (coarse and fine), and brands cannot be mixed without very careful checking. Regular checks of the O-ring seals is a good move. Replacement with Viton O-rings is recommended: other rubbers are not so good.

Prices shown in () are US list prices where I can find them; the second price is the sale price. P&P (depends on country) and Paypal fee need to be added to this, as noted. For Australia it will be in the range AU$16-19; for the rest of the world it is higher of course.

Contact me via roger@backpackinglight.com for the correct Paypal address (it is not my email address!). Shipping will be to your Paypal address unless otherwise notified.

Primus Gravity MF (2 off)
This is a dual-fuel stove, taking both Shellite and canisters. I am not sure about kerosene. Not light, but very stable and suitable for large pots.
($100) $50 each
PrimusGravityMF.jpg
PrimusGravityMF.jpg (12.54 KiB) Viewed 1364 times

Primus Express Lander
Another variant on the Whisperlite. Interestingly, the air inlet holes are screened by mesh to prevent a form of flame backlash. The fuel bottle was not included with the stove when they sent it. The thread matches that on the 16 oz MSR bottles, but the pump is angled and will not fit in them: the Primus bottles are wider. I may be able to provide a suitable large (old) SIGG bottle. Discuss.
Stove 174 g; Pump 104 g; fuel bottle 132 g
(US$?) $50
ExpressLander2.jpg

Cheers
Roger Caffin
rcaffin
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Return to Sold Claimed Closed and Expired