Pay It Forward??

Buy, sell, trade, loan, borrow, hire, etc, plus lost & found. Private transactions only.
Forum rules
1 Only members can post.
2 The For sale or wanted heading format is type, location, description, e.g.:
[FS Perth] Scarpa boots size 46
[FS Hobart] TerraNova Southern Cross 1 tent
[Wanted Brisbane] Black Diamond Trailback Trek sticks

3 The Lost and found heading format is [FOUND] Larapinta camera; [Lost] Mount Bogong, pair of mitts.
4 Only one item per topic, so one topic for a tent, another for a stove.
5 Include a link to other websites like eBay or Gumtree as appropriate.
6 This area is private sales only. Commercial posts here.
7 When your topic is resolved or no longer needed, lock your topic using the popup menu and button at the bottom right of the topic page.
8 For Sale and Wanted topics expire after three months if there are no replies from the OP.
9 Lost and Found topics expire after six months if there are no replies.
10 Locked and expired topics will be moved to the "Sold, Claimed and closed" sub forum by the moderation team. Contact a moderator if you wish to have a topic restored.

New members with no posts on the forum cannot send Private Messages. (This is to prevent PM spam.) New members will have to post in the forum to send a private message.

Re: Pay It Forward??

Postby Moondog55 » Sun 12 Jan, 2020 5:49 pm

That Schoeler fabric is really good stuff Nice offer.
On another note those wheels and tyres have been picked up, somebody from Chockstone doing some serious training
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Postby oysters » Sat 08 Feb, 2020 5:37 pm

I have a classic Bozeman Mountain Works Torsolite Self-Inflating pad. This thing for a long while was the lightest inflatable, insulated pad on the market.
Weight is 260grams (9.17oz).

The material is pretty durable, though, somehow it has a slow leak somewhere. I can't be bothered fixing it for myself and I suffer from TMMS (Too Many Mats Syndrome) and living in a one bedroom unit.

This thing should patch easy when you find the hole using a simple bike tube type patch, or a classic thermarest patch.

These mats go really well with very thin CCF or as part of a compact fast and light set up. Also be a great pad for a child or teenager. The size works well if you use it as part of structure for an UL pack, eg a gossamer gear type pack.

BMW1.jpg

I'd just ask if the postage can be paid ($8.95 anywhere in Aus), or, pick up from me in North Adelaide, as I'm a student nurse at the moment.
oysters
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: South Australia

Postby Neo » Sat 08 Feb, 2020 8:06 pm

Ive got one or two mats that need exploring to keep up!
Neo
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby GregG » Sat 08 Feb, 2020 10:39 pm

An alternative to adhesive patches eg bike tube or Thermarest patches, is to rub a small amount of Silastic over the leak and let it set which doesn't take long if you have only put it on fairly thinly. This works very well on small pricks made by thorns and bindies, it has elasticity and tends to stretch with movement of the fabric and won't let go the way patches tend to. No good for proper holes or tears which need a patch, or split seams which I have never been able to repair successfully.
GregG
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Old bushie
Region: New South Wales

Previous

Return to Market Square & Lost Property