Desktop version
Buy, sell, trade, loan, borrow, hire, etc, plus lost & found. Private transactions only.

Forum rules

1 Only members can post.
2 The For sale or wanted heading format is type, location, description, e.g.:
[FS Perth] Scarpa boots size 46
[FS Hobart] TerraNova Southern Cross 1 tent
[Wanted Brisbane] Black Diamond Trailback Trek sticks

3 The Lost and found heading format is [FOUND] Larapinta camera; [Lost] Mount Bogong, pair of mitts.
4 Only one item per topic, so one topic for a tent, another for a stove.
5 Include a link to other websites like eBay or Gumtree as appropriate.
6 This area is private sales only. Commercial posts here.
7 When your topic is resolved or no longer needed, lock your topic using the popup menu and button at the bottom right of the topic page.
8 For Sale and Wanted topics expire after three months if there are no replies from the OP.
9 Lost and Found topics expire after six months if there are no replies.
10 Locked and expired topics will be moved to the "Sold, Claimed and closed" sub forum by the moderation team. Contact a moderator if you wish to have a topic restored.

New members with no posts on the forum cannot send Private Messages. (This is to prevent PM spam.) New members will have to post in the forum to send a private message.
Post a reply

Re: Pay It Forward??

Sun 28 Dec, 2014 9:23 am

Oh I'd be happy to take it "As-Is"
I can always use scraps of fabric for reinforcing and patching
I''m interested in why you did this tho

Sun 28 Dec, 2014 4:30 pm

Moondog55 wrote:I''m interested in why you did this tho

Ha. I was wondering if that question might come up!! Story is, the Macpac microlight fly pitches by itself, with the poles threaded through the fly, and we use this stand-alone fly a lot and think it is great (super lightweight). But…when you put the inner tent inside it is just a little toooooooo cosy for comfort, very little head room etc and awkward to hook inside the fly…so we have never used the inner tent part. But Caz had the idea that the tub floor of the inner is perfect for a ground tarp - we have recently used it on the ground under a tarp while river camping and it was brilliant!!!

So, am happy to send the leftover fabric etc to you. Will let you know postage cost tomorrow. Cheers.

Mon 29 Dec, 2014 9:38 am

That's exactly the scenario I had in my mind

Fri 06 Feb, 2015 9:38 am

This is just a big thank you to MoonDog for a sleeping bag which ill be turning into an uunderquilt. Thanks again MD your a true asset to the community. Ill pay someyhing forward when i go through my stuff soonish

Mon 09 Feb, 2015 12:56 pm

P.I.F. spares crate clean out :)

couple of old school petzl zoom headlamps

GONE MSR whisperlite burner and fuel tube - unknown history - has shaker jet?

post or pickup Blue Mountains

PM for the details
Last edited by dunyabar on Tue 10 Feb, 2015 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue 10 Feb, 2015 5:26 pm

pm sent re stove

Tue 10 Feb, 2015 8:23 pm

Stove burner has found a new home. Hope it works out for you dinna89 :)

Fri 13 Feb, 2015 11:15 am

Catch and release, the burner is heavier than I had anticipated, so is back up for PIF!
PM me if interested, pickup available in melb.

Sat 11 Apr, 2015 11:57 am

I thought I would give away my North Face Spire 33 Women's backpack. I bought it 2nd hand from a friend for use hut-to-hutting in Switzerland. The capacity was fine for the purpose but it is far too short for my back…would suit a women with a 16-18 inch back I think (I'm like 20.5'). It's a little grubby but the picker upperer can give it a wash. All the parts are still in working order, e.g. - buckle, straps, zips, pockets etc are all fine - I'll try and attach some pics of mine from my phone - but here are is the product in it's ad form: http://www.backcountry.com/the-north-fa ... PID=698070

Sat 11 Apr, 2015 12:01 pm

Ok, nup failing on the pic upload from phone - but mine is the red / black version. Also forgot to mention that I find the lid straps actually do not hold great -meaning the lid tends to fall fwd over the pack (away from your back / head) when walking. Probably someone who is gear savvy can sort that - I'm a bit dumb with that kind of thing.

Pick up from Sydney - northern beaches - insular peninsula zone.

Sat 18 Apr, 2015 10:13 am

items listed above are now happily repurposed... cheers

dunyabar wrote:P.I.F. spares crate clean out :)

GONE couple of old school petzl zoom headlamps

GONE MSR whisperlite burner and fuel tube - unknown history - has shaker jet?

post or pickup Blue Mountains

PM for the details

Thu 23 Apr, 2015 9:14 am

I'm having another clean-up and destash having decided on a family tent for Glamping etc
Lots of spare adjustable tent/awning poles and 25mm LW aluminium tubing here for pick-up as well as some larger guy ropes of the old fashioned kind with wooden adjusters
Old fashioned 6*8 canvas tent with heavy vinyl floor [ this has a 6 foot ridge so good sized for 2 people] needs repairs to some small holes but still serviceable; would suit storage at a camping ground or as a kids play tent in the back yard

Fri 24 Jul, 2015 12:46 pm

hey does anyone have a pair of hiking boots? im size 44 and am in desperate need of boots so I can get out hiking. not looking for a free ride, can afford to pay about $80. brand, bells and whistles not important just a pair of boots that wont fall apart in five minutes would be greatly appreciated. currently located in Hobart. thanks rick

Tue 04 Aug, 2015 4:28 pm

Moondog55 wrote:I'm having another clean-up and destash having decided on a family tent for Glamping etc
Lots of spare adjustable tent/awning poles and 25mm LW aluminium tubing here for pick-up as well as some larger guy ropes of the old fashioned kind with wooden adjusters
Old fashioned 6*8 canvas tent with heavy vinyl floor [ this has a 6 foot ridge so good sized for 2 people] needs repairs to some small holes but still serviceable; would suit storage at a camping ground or as a kids play tent in the back yard

Canvas tent died and went to heaven [ in other words the tip]

Tue 04 Aug, 2015 4:35 pm

rick85 wrote:hey does anyone have a pair of hiking boots? im size 44 and am in desperate need of boots so I can get out hiking. not looking for a free ride, can afford to pay about $80. brand, bells and whistles not important just a pair of boots that wont fall apart in five minutes would be greatly appreciated. currently located in Hobart. thanks rick

Close, but no cigar :(

I have a pair of as new Zamberlans that aren't quite right for me - but - size 43 !!

Fri 18 Sep, 2015 9:43 am

FREE
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=21207&p=279943#p279943

Mon 26 Oct, 2015 8:37 am

Free of course
I have a pair of Kathmandu Windstopper gloves in a Large
Plenty of life left in them
They have always been a little on the small size even tho they are labelled L/XL they are more a Medium/L
Red in colour Slim fit
They haven't made these for a while but they are an excellent winter liner under shell or lightly insulated mittens

Mon 02 Nov, 2015 12:04 pm

Suz wrote:I thought I would give away my North Face Spire 33 Women's backpack. I bought it 2nd hand from a friend for use hut-to-hutting in Switzerland. The capacity was fine for the purpose but it is far too short for my back…would suit a women with a 16-18 inch back I think (I'm like 20.5'). It's a little grubby but the picker upperer can give it a wash. All the parts are still in working order, e.g. - buckle, straps, zips, pockets etc are all fine - I'll try and attach some pics of mine from my phone - but here are is the product in it's ad form: http://www.backcountry.com/the-north-fa ... PID=698070

Is this still available Suz?

Tue 03 Nov, 2015 6:35 am

Windstopper liners are gone

Thu 05 Nov, 2015 6:07 pm

Moondog55 wrote:So i got to thinking last nite after visiting the hammock forum.

They have a big community and they have a permanent thread where they share gear on a pay-it-forward basis, the recipient pays postage only and gets the gear for free, the only requirement it that the last recipient has to put something else up on the site and send it on to the next person.
I am doing something similar for Andrew with a couple of pair of old and cheaper gaiters, so in a way I have already started.
(BTW Andrew i am still looking for pair # 3 on;y 1/2 5he pair so far )

I think it is a good idea if we can trust each other and postage costs can be locked in as there are the fixed price satchels at 3 & 5 kg

Any thoughts on the matter, obviously we all have stuff that we don't use, too good to throw away and not worth selling on ebay.

this is actually a very nice concept man

Sun 15 Nov, 2015 3:50 pm

2 pairs Gaiters available free in Launceston area.
1 Sea to Summit Overland Small. Don't know their history but good cond.
1 Kathmandu Medium (I think). Worn once.

Sat 21 Nov, 2015 6:57 am

I've decided I really need new skis
So I have a pair of Karhu Outbacks to give away, no bindings tho
200cm and while they have softened up over the last decade they would suit a beginner who wants a soft ski for easy turning
Waxless and full steel edges although the edges need a sharpen
These are the skis that eventually morphed into the Karhu Guides which are now the Madshus Annums which is the ski I have on layby
Pick-up in Geelong or I can maybe drop off somewhere in Melbourne central

Sat 28 Nov, 2015 11:40 pm

Chris wrote:2 pairs Gaiters available free in Launceston area.
1 Sea to Summit Overland Small. Don't know their history but good cond.
1 Kathmandu Medium (I think). Worn once.

Both pairs have now found new homes :D

Tue 01 Dec, 2015 9:41 pm

Looking for boots on a. Very tight budget with some time left in them, or that didn't fit right to their buyer. Relaxing at home after having done Cope Hut to Pretty Valley>Tawonga Huts>Dibbins>Blair>Ascend Diamantina Spur>Feathertop Summit>Fed Hut then exit via MUMC Hut & Stony tops. Fun water crossings, almost vertical sections and many false summits !

Alone, I might add, over 4 days. I am accustomed to walking these kind of walks alone often, in all seasons.

I recovered quickly at home, but alas my boots with lots of mileage are showing their need for replacement. I am a EU44, UK9.5 or US10 in men's boot as they are more flexible with my foot profile.

Wed 02 Dec, 2015 8:45 am

Solohike74 wrote:Looking for boots on a. Very tight budget with some time left in them, or that didn't fit right to their buyer. Relaxing at home after having done Cope Hut to Pretty Valley>Tawonga Huts>Dibbins>Blair>Ascend Diamantina Spur>Feathertop Summit>Fed Hut then exit via MUMC Hut & Stony tops. Fun water crossings, almost vertical sections and many false summits !

Alone, I might add, over 4 days. I am accustomed to walking these kind of walks alone often, in all seasons.

I recovered quickly at home, but alas my boots with lots of mileage are showing their need for replacement. I am a EU44, UK9.5 or US10 in men's boot as they are more flexible with my foot profile.

Im pretty sure I can help you out there Solohiker if you are prepared to cover post you can have them. I have some size 44 gortex boots with vibram soles that have plenty of life left in them yet you can have. They will most likely need new inner soles though :lol:

Wed 02 Dec, 2015 11:08 am

Anyone want a sleeping bag liner?

It's black, made of real silk, has a pillow pocket, and sized for someone about 5'10 of less.

I do the quilt thing now, and the liner jut gets in the way.

Chip me $5 for the postage and I'll send it wherever in oz :)

Sat 12 Dec, 2015 8:53 pm

jdeks wrote:Anyone want a sleeping bag liner?

It's black, made of real silk, has a pillow pocket, and sized for someone about 5'10 of less.

I do the quilt thing now, and the liner jut gets in the way.

Chip me $5 for the postage and I'll send it wherever in oz :)

Gone!

Sat 12 Dec, 2015 9:53 pm

New freebie!

I've got a pair of glove liners, originally out of some Black Diamond alpine gloves that I gave away here a while ago. The guy who got the leather outers isn't answering their PM's for some reason, so on the market it goes!

The liners themselves have a nylon outer shell, and boiled wool inner, but with thinsulate fleece on the palms for better feel. There's also a strip of velcro round the hem, which goes a few inches down past the wrist.

Theyre I think a size medium, but honestly they're a pretty unrestrictive cut with not much in the way of a wrist taper. I think they'd fit basically anyone, and they're not bad as lightweight They're also *&%$#! warm, even on their own!

Pay the post and they're yours!

Mon 28 Dec, 2015 8:27 am

A few scraps of 2.5ounce Climashield bonded to 2.2 ounce taslan
Suitable for insulated mitten backs; enough here to make 4 pair of backs only, if you have small to medium hands, 2sets of insulated backs if you have hands my size
Pile or fleece mittens with an extra layer of windproof insulation on the back of the hand is the warmest compromise I can think of
I may be able to find enough scraps of cheep fleece to use to make some mittens too and include that in the parcel as well.
I'm reducing the stash

Wed 06 Jan, 2016 1:27 pm

Just replaced my 30-40 year old down bag. Very good condition but it has lost some down over the years. Last time I used it was in snow, and it didn't quite keep me warm enough. No idea what temperature is was originally supposed to cope with. Weight 1.45 Kg.

Free to someone who will give it a good home :)
Launceston area.

SleepingBag.jpg
SleepingBagLabel.jpg
Post a reply