Monte-Bell

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Monte-Bell

Postby Mitchc » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 12:21 pm

Hi,

I think this topic has come up before, but does anyone know the best way to purchase Monte-bell from Australia? I am really liking the look of their VERSALITE JACKET and a few other bits and pieces. I have thought about using shipito.com or a relative in Canada but would like to avoid that if possible. I read that there was a supplier in Australia, that could arrange the gear with enough notice (don't exactly need it URGENTLY, but would like to avoid months of waiting). I also emailed them to no anvil.

Or if anyone is able to recommend a similar product for a similar price in Australia to save the hassle, I would consider that option too.

Just ordered my new Exos 48 and would love to get out soon and enjoy the cooler weather of the Blue Mountains :lol:

Cheers,

Mitch
Mitchc
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: New South Wales

Re: Monte-Bell

Postby GPSGuided » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 1:02 pm

Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby wayno » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 1:18 pm

their retail prices on torpedo7 are a rip. try and wait for a sale..
from the land of the long white clouds...
wayno
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New Zealand

Postby Aushiker » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 3:19 pm

I have purchased MontBell gear from http;//moontrail.com in the past. Might be worth a look see.

Andrew
Andrew
Aushiker
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Western Australia

Re: Mont-Bell

Postby Mitchc » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 5:09 pm

GPSGuided wrote:http://www.torpedo7.com.au/torpedo7/catalogindexsearch.do?org.apache.struts.taglib.html.TOKEN=a4bf21de93caba7db2b1fc0e92d8390b&org.apache.struts.taglib.html.TOKEN=0136879cfec1bb662af318c4238cbbcf&formAction=search&searchString=montbell&brandString=

That's gotta be a joke... $399AUD for something that retails for $149US, no thanks.

Moontrail doesn't seem to have what I am after.

Mont-bell just emailed me back and looks like I am able to get a Versalite jacket (asian size L) for AU$133 to my door.... Can't complain about that. The asian sizing looks like it will work seeing as I don't have particularly long arms (upsize by one, and slightly shorter arms). If this fits properly, this will be a very good bargain :lol:
Mitchc
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby wayno » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 5:14 pm

email them back and tell them that torpedo 7 are destroying their good name down under with their extortionate pricing...
wayno
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby GPSGuided » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 5:38 pm

Mitchc wrote:That's gotta be a joke... $399AUD for something that retails for $149US, no thanks.

Why were you even shocked? LOL!
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Mitchc » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 5:44 pm

GPSGuided wrote:
Mitchc wrote:That's gotta be a joke... $399AUD for something that retails for $149US, no thanks.

Why were you even shocked? LOL!

I don't know why I was shocked after buying snowboarding gear at stupidly increased price's for years. Just fuels my desire to move back to Canada :roll:
Mitchc
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby GPSGuided » Mon 28 Jul, 2014 5:50 pm

You poor thing. Life is a trade-off.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby ScottAdler » Fri 27 Feb, 2015 9:32 am

HI All,

First time poster so please cut me a little slack.

Just saw this thread and thought I would let you all know that now Montbell has a new agent in Australia and the pricing model they are using is to be the same as the USA Pricing plus GST using the current exchange rate. The pricing will fluctuate every season but currently the Plasma 100 Loft down jacket is $299 AUD including taxes and it's $269USD+ taxes in USA, we are about to receive the new Goretex Pro C-Knit jacket which is likely to sell around $380.

The range will be increasing with every season, but if you have any questions on products I am happy to help.
ScottAdler
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Larry Adler Ski & Outdoor

Postby wayno » Sat 28 Feb, 2015 4:32 am

C knit uses the same membrane as current Gore Tex pro 3 layer, whats different is the backer material, instead of nylon tricot theres a less bulky backer knit bonded to the membrane, its flatter , more like a stocking knit, bit lighter, less bulk, allows the fabric to be more flexible and feels softer on the inside.. good for lightweight clothes.
not sure about durability versus the standard gore pro, may be a bit less, but still more durable than 2.5 layer shells.
wayno
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby ScottAdler » Sat 28 Feb, 2015 9:54 am

Yes you are right about the C-Knit it's the backing, the main design focus was to reduce weight, make it softer to touch and most importantly improve moisture management (approx 15% better). The durability of the backing to protect the PFTE membrane, according to the people I have spoken to, is equal to the old version. If you want to read more go to; http://news.gorefabrics.com/en_gb/produ ... enjoyment/
ScottAdler
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Larry Adler Ski & Outdoor

Postby wayno » Sat 28 Feb, 2015 10:19 am

Oh and welcome to the forum Scott. thanks for the heads up...
wayno
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Return to Equipment