Optimus Crux

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Optimus Crux

Postby Joe » Fri 26 Sep, 2008 8:16 pm

Had a chance to play with one of these yesterday and I'm quite impressed...enough so that I would consider updating the Kovea. I love the little stretchy neoprene bag that allows the Crux to fit into the hollow of the gas canisters. Also I would think the design of the head on the Crux would make it a more efficient stove. Not sure.

I do love my Kovea...but has anyone had experience with the Crux? I had a feeling Corv had one but might be wrong?
Joe
in vino veritas
in vino veritas

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Stoney Creek Outdoor Equipment.
Region: Tasmania

Re: Optimus Crux

Postby norts » Sat 27 Sep, 2008 6:44 pm

The only thing that I have heard is that they can be a bit unstable because of the the joint hat allows the head to tipped.
But then there are alot of people who say that canister stoves are too dangerous because they are too unstable but I have never had any problems.
Not a cheap stove either.
Roger
norts
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Re: Optimus Crux

Postby Joe » Sat 27 Sep, 2008 7:06 pm

norts wrote:The only thing that I have heard is that they can be a bit unstable because of the the joint hat allows the head to tipped.

I had a really good play with the one at work and I honestly cant see this being an issue. Its a very positive lock system.
Joe
in vino veritas
in vino veritas

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Stoney Creek Outdoor Equipment.

Return to Equipment