resoleable boots

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

resoleable boots

Postby stevebaby » Sat 25 Oct, 2008 10:36 am

I've finally worn out the sole of my Aus-made 'Bunyip' boots after 15 years of intermittent use, including 5 trips along the Overland.. The leather uppers are in perfect condition. :(
I went looking for a bootmaker who could strip off the old sole and fit a new pair, with no success.
So I'm up for a new pair of boots. I just hate the idea of having to chuck out a pair of boots which are extremely comfortable and moulded perfectly to my feet, just because the soles are worn.
I'm also extremely mean about money, and paying $300 for boots only to have them made useless by the inability to resole them really makes my blood boil.
What boots can I buy that are resoleable?
stevebaby
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Re: resoleable boots

Postby Fitz » Tue 28 Oct, 2008 4:51 pm

I've had a pair of Scarpas resoled.Didnt ever feel the same though.
Fitz
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Re: resoleable boots

Postby Pete » Sat 01 Nov, 2008 11:10 am

Had a pair of Bunyips (Cooroys) that similarly wore out the soles but the uppers were still in good shape and fitted my feet like slippers. Called Steve at the Bunyip factory in Melbourne, and posted the boots over. Received re-soled boots shortly after. Excellent job. I won't get a third set out of them as the uppers are starting to wear now I am half way through the second set of soles. This was couple of years ago - assume the service is still available.
Pete
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Return to Equipment