DMH Oberon

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

DMH Oberon

Postby rabbit » Mon 01 Dec, 2008 4:47 pm

Hi,
Has anyone had any experience with these tents? I thought they looked OK for the price. Would they be suitable for 4 seasons use?

Ryan
rabbit
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Tasmania

Re: DMH Oberon

Postby Robbo » Mon 01 Dec, 2008 8:19 pm

rabbit wrote:Would they be suitable for 4 seasons use?

While it is quite roomy with one pole, in my view, it is not a '4 season' tent. I'd rate it about a 2.5 season tent. I doubt it would handle much snow at all. As with many things, you get what you pay for. It is a good tent for the price, but not really up to the vagaries of Tasmanian weather - again in my view.

In a recent 'Wild' magazine, John Chapman did a review of many of the tents around. It would be worth a read before you decided on a tent for yourself.

Tony Robinson
"The place between your comfort zone and your dream is where your life takes place." Nick Vujicic.
Robbo
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Gilson College
Region: Victoria

Return to Equipment