Fishing gear while bushwalking...

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Fishing gear while bushwalking...

Postby Robbo » Mon 22 Dec, 2008 9:25 pm

Hello All

I know this is a bushwalking forum, but I know many of those who contribute also have a love of fishing. With this in mind I am wondering how many of you carry some fishing gear with while walking, and if so, what do you take with you that is light and easily fitted into your pack?

I have decided I will try a bit of fishing when I get to do a few days walking through the Central Plateau, and further south, in the first couple of weeks of January - I just today purchased a two week license.

Looking forward to your replies...

Tony Robinson
"The place between your comfort zone and your dream is where your life takes place." Nick Vujicic.
Robbo
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Gilson College
Region: Victoria

Re: Fishing gear while bushwalking...

Postby Andrew » Mon 22 Dec, 2008 9:39 pm

Hi Robbo,

We have been having a chat about this topic in "Bushwalking Discussion" - "Do you enjoy and bushwalking" - join us over there and if you have any questions on specific lakes etc. there are a few of us have books/experience night be able to help.

Cheers,

Andrew
Andrew
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby Robbo » Mon 22 Dec, 2008 9:46 pm

Thanks Andrew... catch you there - excuse the pun :wink:

TR
"The place between your comfort zone and your dream is where your life takes place." Nick Vujicic.
Robbo
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Gilson College
Region: Victoria

Postby Son of a Beach » Tue 23 Dec, 2008 7:32 am

I see you've now posted in the other topic so I'll lock this one to keep it all in the one place.

For reference, this discussion is being continued here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1346
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Bit Map (NIXANZ)
Region: Tasmania

Return to Equipment