Base layers tops from Costco

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Base layers tops from Costco

Postby GPSGuided » Wed 04 Jun, 2014 4:08 pm

Went for a round at lunchtime through Costco and picked up two base layer tops. Not bad I thought and should come in handy in the coming months. Both long sleeves. There are plenty remaining but short on the smaller sizes (S and M). Thought some here may be interested.

Paradox DriRelease Merino Blend Base Layer (1/4 zip top) - $21.99
- 11% merino fibre blend was clearly labelled. Words from N American outdoors forums seemed to be quite favourable.

True North 100% merino wool T-shirt - $27.59
- Texture was quite good. Made in Canada and has some favourable reviews from N America too.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Base layers tops from Costco

Postby dancier » Wed 04 Jun, 2014 7:17 pm

They were talking about the Paradox brand on BPL the other day, saying they are hard to come by, seems like the stock has been moved to Australia to coincide with our winter. I'm going down to Costco now, so I'll grab some. I wouldn't mind finding some good Polartech fleece, I've seen some good grid fleece in amongst the woman's section.
dancier
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Postby GPSGuided » Wed 04 Jun, 2014 7:33 pm

Didn't take too much notice of their fleece today but there were a lot of puffers. Most of the puffers were more suited to pedestrian wear but they had a lightweight down jackets/shirt in 2-3 colours at a tad under $70, with a small stuff sack. Decently light with fill power of 675! I almost burst out laughing when I saw that 675 number.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby GPSGuided » Wed 04 Jun, 2014 9:55 pm

Thanks for the reference to BPL forum discussion on Paradox base layer. I note our local Costco pricing is actually lower than their Nth American pricing (CAD or USD). Now I'm thinking of heading back tomorrow for another set.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby dancier » Fri 06 Jun, 2014 11:23 am

GPSGuided wrote:Didn't take too much notice of their fleece today but there were a lot of puffers. Most of the puffers were more suited to pedestrian wear

They have good puffy's every now and then, I saw some a few weeks back but I've already got two and don't want another.

I bought a large fleece (250 grams) the other night, so when I got home, I tried it on and it was too small but it was marked as unisex so they've moved the fleece from the woman's area and put a unisex tag on it.

I've been wearing the Paradox top for a few days now and it's not smelling so it might be a winner.
dancier
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Postby GPSGuided » Fri 25 Mar, 2016 9:33 am

Costco seemed to be moving to a different line for this season with '32 degrees' branded thermals, thin and fully synthetic. $18 for pack of two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby paul_gee » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 9:36 am

Damn. I got so excited when I saw this thread. Cheap merino at Costco! But then I saw it was posted back in 2014. :cry:
Crazy keen tramper / trekker / hiker. Former South Australian. Now, exploring the tracks around Melbourne and Victoria.
paul_gee
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: South Australia

Postby GPSGuided » Tue 29 Mar, 2016 4:30 pm

Paul, the season change has only just started and I'm sure those Nth American stock are still on their way over. They'll come.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby paul_gee » Thu 31 Mar, 2016 8:03 am

GPSGuided wrote:Paul, the season change has only just started and I'm sure those Nth American stock are still on their way over. They'll come.

Thanks for your reassurance. :P I never knew Costco sold merino.
Crazy keen tramper / trekker / hiker. Former South Australian. Now, exploring the tracks around Melbourne and Victoria.
paul_gee
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: South Australia

Postby GPSGuided » Thu 31 Mar, 2016 12:06 pm

Their stock may vary year to year but they had some nice ones to date. Fingers crossed for this season.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Strider » Wed 06 Jul, 2016 12:19 pm

Confirming that Costco now have cheap merino base layers in stock

ImageImage

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Strider
Lagarostrobos franklinii