Titanium Gear

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Titanium Gear

Postby corvus » Sun 07 Oct, 2007 8:57 pm

I am committed to lightweight gear and as such I have replaced most of my metal stuff with Titanium however I have not purchased a Titanium stove and would apreciate any comments from owners/users as to performance etc.
corvus
Vercundus gearus-freakius

Region: Tasmania

Postby Joe » Sun 07 Oct, 2007 9:49 pm

my kovea camp 3 titan is titanium stove. its light as hell, compact (whole thing is smaller than pack of ciggs when packed up) and the built in piezo igniter works every time without fail. I love it.

http://www.kovea.com/product_view.php?b ... 000&pno=11
Joe
in vino veritas
in vino veritas

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Stoney Creek Outdoor Equipment.

Postby Son of a Beach » Tue 09 Oct, 2007 10:46 am

This topic went somewhat off-topic (titanium) and onto stoves in general, and there's already another recent topic for that. Yes, I know, it was me who took it off-topic in the first place. Sorry for that.

I've split off, the stove talk to a separate "Stove-Off" topic, so that at least it has a slightly different tangent than the general stoves topic. Use the new stove-off topic for talking about actually meeting up to look at or compare stoves.

Please keep this topic for discussion of titanium equipment, or other construction materials.

For general discussion of stoves, please head to this topic.

Thanks! :)
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Bit Map (NIXANZ)

Postby tasadam » Tue 09 Oct, 2007 9:31 pm

I saw titanium cutlery in a bushwalking store not so long ago.
Is that taking things too far, or what?
Like, I've never busted a plastic fork, I use my pocket knife as knife, and have one steel spoon doubles as cooking implement and another plastic spoon for my wife. Why worry with titanium?
tasadam
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: TasmaniART, Smitten Merino, Macpac

Titanium Gear

Postby corvus » Fri 12 Oct, 2007 2:16 pm

We use titanium Sporks I have the luxury of a long handled one that suits the eat out of the bag meals,havent broken a plastic fork but did melt the tines on one when frying steak in the old days b4 I went lighterweight foodwise :)
corvus

Titanium Gear

Postby norts » Mon 12 Nov, 2007 7:41 pm

I purchased some titaniumn gear from Snowpeak, a mug, bowl and spork. Purchased them directly from Japan. Once they found out I was 250kms from the nearest store that sold snowpeak they were happy to supply them. Cost me about $55 for the lot.

Roger
norts
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Titanium Gear

Postby corvus » Tue 13 Nov, 2007 12:27 pm

norts,
Thats a fantastic buy price about the same as I paid for a mug and a Spork from memory.
corvus
corvus

Postby Penguin » Tue 13 Nov, 2007 7:29 pm

Anybody bought the Snowpeak titanium chop sticks?
Penguin
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Return to Equipment