Zamberlan Hydrobloc Proofing Cream

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Zamberlan Hydrobloc Proofing Cream

Postby tesa » Wed 17 Dec, 2014 9:54 am

Hi,

I am resident in Sydney. I was wondering if anyone out there can tell me of a physical or online store that stocks Zambelan Hydrobloc Proffing Cream? The only Australian based supplier I have found is http://www.mainpeak.com.au and they are out of stock.

Thanks in anticipation of any leads you can offer.

Regards,

Tesa
tesa
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Zamberlan Hydrobloc Proofing Cream

Postby Strider » Thu 18 Dec, 2014 10:18 am

Cant help you with this particular product, though I use Nikwax on my current Zamberlans and Snoseal on my previous pair. Nikwax is very easy to apply and is longer lasting than Snoseal I've found.
Strider
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Postby pazzar » Thu 18 Dec, 2014 10:21 am

Mainpeak is the only supplier of Hydrobloc in Australia. Grangers make a leather conditioner that is not a beeswax, keeping the breathability in tact. Highly recommended if your boots are gore-tex.
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."
pazzar
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Postby tesa » Thu 18 Dec, 2014 2:18 pm

Hi,

Thanks Strider and pazzar for your replies. The reference to Grangers GMax Conditioner that is specifically intended for gore-tex lined boots was interesting and relevant. I've ordered the Granger's product. The crazy thing is that I have ordered it from a UK on-line store for $17.15 including delivery. The best price I found in Oz was $16.95 plus $15 postage + GST.
tesa
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby AndrewN » Fri 30 Dec, 2016 8:22 am

Hi Everyone,
I live in Sydney and wanted to share my experience of getting hold of a couple of tubes of Zamberlan Hydrobloc cream which seems to be hard to get in Australia.

I ordered from Up and Under in Cardiff, UK. Very pleasant to deal with and they removed the VAT which helped offset the small postage cost. Tubes are well priced (approx GBP 5 ea excl VAT) and I figured I already spent a load on a pair of Zamberlan Vioz so I should get the right protective cream!

upandunder.co.uk

You go through their Shopping Cart and enter your details and click submit etc and they get back to you via email within a few minutes with the adjusted international invoice which you click on the link within the email and complete the purchase.

Takes about a week for delivery.

Worked really nicely for me!
I hope some of you find it helpful.
Cheers
AndrewN
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Return to Equipment