BRS 3000-t stove

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

BRS 3000-t stove

Postby corvus » Sat 14 Feb, 2015 7:09 pm

Received this yesterday and was amazed with the quality ,can see where they shaved the weight off the FMS -300T, thinner support arms no brass nuts on the stem, larger breather holes and a one piece regulator and connector .
There must be more but that is the obvious difference .
As tested so far an excellent bit of kit and will be my back up stove from now on. :)
collige virgo rosas
corvus
Vercundus gearus-freakius

Region: Tasmania

Re: BRS 3000-t stove

Postby DanShell » Sat 14 Feb, 2015 7:14 pm

corvus wrote:Received this yesterday and was amazed with the quality ,can see where they shaved the weight off the FMS -300T, thinner support arms no brass nuts on the stem, larger breather holes and a one piece regulator and connector .
There must be more but that is the obvious difference .
As tested so far an excellent bit of kit and will be my back up stove from now on. :)

Sounds good, Im expecting mine next week :)
DanShell
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby Joomy » Mon 11 May, 2015 8:00 pm

Roger Caffin is now offering these as stove heads for his remote canister stove. Saves about 20g off the weigh of the previous versions, though he cautions that the aluminium threads may require more care or fail sooner than brass threads.
Joomy
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Postby Orion » Tue 12 May, 2015 1:53 am

I got one of those recently as well. For $16 and free shipping I couldn't resist. It's dinky and a bit fragile looking, especially the threads, but it works quite well. A little on the noisy side.

How do you order one of those Caffin stoves? Do you still have to buy a BPL membership?
Orion
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Other Country

Postby Joomy » Tue 12 May, 2015 8:18 pm

You don't have to be, although that's the easier way, and you get $30 off the normal price which more than pays for the 1-year membership. I can PM you his email if you like. Btw, the total stove with the BRS burner unit weighs all of 70g!
Joomy

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Postby GPSGuided » Tue 12 May, 2015 9:36 pm

Oh, how I wish I didn't click into this thread... On Aliexpress again and considering US$13.40. :(
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New South Wales

Postby Strider » Tue 12 May, 2015 9:41 pm

Send me the link!
Strider
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Postby GPSGuided » Tue 12 May, 2015 9:47 pm

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Brand-Ne ... 93165.html

The price of this 25g is just ridiculous in comparison to the Optimus Crux which I paid close to $50.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Strider » Tue 12 May, 2015 10:28 pm

Even cheaper here - $10.99 USD with free shipping. Use coupon BRS3000TCM.

http://m.gearbest.com/camping/pp_116350.html
Strider
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Postby corvus » Tue 12 May, 2015 11:08 pm

GPSGuided wrote:http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Brand-New-Super-Lightweight-One-Piece-Titanium-Alloy-Outdoor-Burner-Camping-Gas-Stove-BRS-3000T-Free/32257893165.html

The price of this 25g is just ridiculous in comparison to the Optimus Crux which I paid close to $50.

I have and like both and whilst I think the BRS 3000t is a really nice burner I suspect that the Optimus Crux will out live it as will my FMS300T however for the price the BRS 3000T is a worthwhile addition or new light weight gas burner :)
collige virgo rosas
corvus

Postby GPSGuided » Tue 12 May, 2015 11:25 pm

Thanks! It's starting to be cheaper than the Ti in weight in it.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Orion » Wed 13 May, 2015 1:44 am

Sheesh. Now I feel like I overpaid. :o)

Since they're almost giving them away maybe it makes sense to buy two. They are a bit fragile. And since they're so small you could almost take an extra one as a backup! My usual canister stove (SP Gigapower) weighs 88g, more than the weight of three of the BRS stoves.

This little thing does push the minimum envelope. My beer can setup weighs 61g using the BRS stove. That's not counting the canister, of course, which weighs close to 100g empty.
Orion
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby Orion » Wed 13 May, 2015 1:49 am

Joomy wrote:You don't have to be, although that's the easier way, and you get $30 off the normal price which more than pays for the 1-year membership. I can PM you his email if you like. Btw, the total stove with the BRS burner unit weighs all of 70g!

Ha! So you basically join or pay more. Yes, I am interested. And I've been curious about some of the blocked articles on BPL for years anyway. Since I live overseas (but visit Australia from time to time) it would be trickier to arrange delivery. Something could probably be worked out though. Can you send that PM?
Orion
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby GPSGuided » Wed 13 May, 2015 5:28 am

corvus wrote:I have and like both and whilst I think the BRS 3000t is a really nice burner I suspect that the Optimus Crux will out live it as will my FMS300T however for the price the BRS 3000T is a worthwhile addition or new light weight gas burner :)

Ok, ordered. Once upon a time, anything with Ti had a massive premium. This is just unbelievable.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby GPSGuided » Tue 09 Jun, 2015 4:59 pm

Received mine today. Indeed small but felt flimsy with bit and pieces poking on the sides. Not sure how well it would handle being packed without protection. Otherwise I note the seller declared the item to be only worth US$3!
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Nuts » Tue 09 Jun, 2015 5:12 pm

GPSGuided wrote:Ok, ordered. Once upon a time, anything with Ti had a massive premium. This is just unbelievable.

Well, not really, the $3 declaration gives a hint. It's titanium alloy, given that the certifications, if they exist, are likely bollocks I wouldn't be surprised if there actually is No titanium in the alloy. Pig iron? :wink:
Nuts
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby GPSGuided » Tue 09 Jun, 2015 5:19 pm

Nuts, you are a hard man! LOL
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby corvus » Tue 09 Jun, 2015 6:04 pm

Nuts wrote:
GPSGuided wrote:Ok, ordered. Once upon a time, anything with Ti had a massive premium. This is just unbelievable.

Well, not really, the $3 declaration gives a hint. It's titanium alloy, given that the certifications, if they exist, are likely bollocks I wouldn't be surprised if there actually is No titanium in the alloy. Pig iron? :wink:

Hey Nuts,
Happy to let you have a look at one and you can be the Judge if there is no Titanium in it :lol:
collige virgo rosas
corvus

Postby GPSGuided » Tue 09 Jun, 2015 6:58 pm

I read that it's 60% Ti in the blurb. No ideas how that's derived, whether the whole unit has 60% Ti material or the Ti alloy used contained 60% Ti. Based on my reading of Ti from bike frames, typical Ti alloy used for products contains around 90% Ti.

Anyway, got home and fired it up. It works. I note that because of its small nozzle, it can keep a low flame (for simmer) better than my Optimus Crux.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby corvus » Tue 09 Jun, 2015 9:04 pm

GPSGuided wrote:I read that it's 60% Ti in the blurb. No ideas how that's derived, whether the whole unit has 60% Ti material or the Ti alloy used contained 60% Ti. Based on my reading of Ti from bike frames, typical Ti alloy used for products contains around 90% Ti.

Anyway, got home and fired it up. It works. I note that because of its small nozzle, it can keep a low flame (for simmer) better than my Optimus Crux.

Burner head and arms 11gm, Base jet and control 14gm so I suspect that the 60% Ti content is close I may add that none of it is in the least Magnetic so no cheap pig iron :lol:
And would not worry about protecting it on walks as it is a "shirt pocket " stove just wrap it a Hankie and carry it in a pocket :)
Last edited by corvus on Tue 09 Jun, 2015 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
collige virgo rosas
corvus

Postby GPSGuided » Tue 09 Jun, 2015 9:11 pm

corvus wrote:And would not worry about protecting it on walks as it is a "shirt pocket " stove just wrap it a Hankie :)

LOL! My existing Crux folds up flattish and can tuck into the convexity under the fuel canister. This 3000T doesn't seem to fit as nicely despite its smaller size with much reduced weight. Have to figure out an alternate packing arrangement. Still, a little worried about it being crush damaged.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Nuts » Tue 09 Jun, 2015 9:31 pm

corvus wrote:Burner head and arms 11gm, Base jet and control 14gm so I suspect that the 60% Ti content is close I may add that none of it is in the least Magnetic so no cheap pig iron :lol:

That's good info Corvus. With nobody to hold accountable to our hard won standards, only trust what you find in your hand :mrgreen:
Nuts
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby corvus » Tue 09 Jun, 2015 9:47 pm

What pot are you using ?
The only pot I cannot fit a cannister and Crux/ 3000T is in my MSR 1lt Titan Kettle :( .
Easy fit for Evernew Pot 800,Fmc-XK6 and BL200-C7 which are all good solo pots IMHO.
Last edited by corvus on Tue 09 Jun, 2015 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
collige virgo rosas
corvus

Postby corvus » Tue 09 Jun, 2015 10:16 pm

Nuts wrote:
corvus wrote:Burner head and arms 11gm, Base jet and control 14gm so I suspect that the 60% Ti content is close I may add that none of it is in the least Magnetic so no cheap pig iron :lol:

That's good info Corvus. With nobody to hold accountable to our hard won standards, only trust what you find in your hand :mrgreen:

Green emoticon Nuts ?
Your reply is at the least insulting if not egotistical in your presumed superior knowledge of Gear ,I did offer a hands on inspection for you .
collige virgo rosas
corvus

Postby Nuts » Tue 09 Jun, 2015 10:27 pm

Huh?

Nuts wrote: That's good info Corvus.

I still know nothing about this particular stove- Nothing! Iv'e never been a stove boffin! It could be made of particles of unicorn droppings and not be magnetic!?? Meanwhile your weight measurements and the weight of your experience as to its quality are 'GOOD info"!

I suspect that (ie it looks like) they have used a similar stove connection for this one to some others, iv'e found them to wear out and would suggest a light hand on the thread.
Last edited by Nuts on Wed 10 Jun, 2015 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nuts
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby GPSGuided » Tue 09 Jun, 2015 11:11 pm

corvus wrote:What pot are you using ?
The only pot I cannot fit a cannister and Crux/ 3000T in is my MSR 1lt Titan Kettle :( .
Easy fit for Evernew Pot 800,Fmc-XK6 and BL200-C7 which are all good solo pots IMHO.

Ummm... Come to think of it, it's not an issue to find safe space within the pot. I have a Snow Peak and a smaller Optimus pot. It's just not going to stored under the fuel canister. As you suggested, just have to find something to wrap it up and avoid the rattles.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby corvus » Wed 10 Jun, 2015 12:42 am

Nuts wrote:Huh? WT *$&# are you on about you silly old bugger :?:

Nuts wrote: That's good info Corvus.

I still know nothing about this particular stove- Nothing! Iv'e never been a stove boffin! It could be made of particles of unicorn droppings and not be magnetic!?? Meanwhile your weight measurements and the weight of your experience as to its quality are 'GOOD info"!

I suspect that (ie it looks like) they have used a similar stove connection for this one to some others, iv'e found them to wear out and would suggest a light hand on the thread.

Nuts perhaps I don't really understand what the :mrgreen: means :)
Yes this ultra lightweight burner has its weaker parts and for one I would never promote it as your main source just a one ounce wee shirt pocket back up for longer walks or however as an overnight burner it will perform and I just boiled 1lt of cold to boil in an Evernew Expedition Titanium series Pot 800 in 4 mins and suspect that would be quicker in warmer climes .
collige virgo rosas
corvus

Postby DanShell » Wed 10 Jun, 2015 10:13 am

corvus wrote:Yes this ultra lightweight burner has its weaker parts and for one I would never promote it as your main source just a one ounce wee shirt pocket back up for longer walks or however as an overnight burner it will perform and I just boiled 1lt of cold to boil in an Evernew Expedition Titanium series Pot 800 in 4 mins and suspect that would be quicker in warmer climes .

I use mine as my only source of boiling water. I keep mine in its little green pouch that it came in under my canister which sits on my silicon cup, which all goes in my pot, so its well protected. :P
DanShell
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby GPSGuided » Wed 10 Jun, 2015 11:04 am

Dan, has your been put out of shape in any way with the way you pack it?
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby DanShell » Wed 10 Jun, 2015 11:07 am

GPSGuided wrote:Dan, has your been put out of shape in any way with the way you pack it?

No but I am very careful with it. It was slightly bent when I first got it though! (the pot didn't sit on the holders level, I had to tweak it slightly)
DanShell
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Next

Return to Equipment