Nearly Empty Gas Stove Cannisters

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Nearly Empty Gas Stove Cannisters

Postby corvus » Sun 21 Oct, 2007 4:34 pm

G'day to all of you who use Cannister stoves and wonder what to do with the wee bit of gas you always have at the end of a trip ,there is a gismo available in AUS from the BW shop (that has 50% off sales regularly ).It only costs $15.95 and it is suitable for re fillable gas lighters and lanterns.
corvus
corvus
Vercundus gearus-freakius

Region: Tasmania

Postby Son of a Beach » Mon 22 Oct, 2007 7:04 am

(Hope you don't mind, but I changed to topic subject from 'Equipment' to be more descriptive.)

Took me a while to figure out which shop you meant, but it's obvious once I thought about it. :-)
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Bit Map (NIXANZ)

Postby Joe » Mon 22 Oct, 2007 7:29 am

Son of a Beach wrote:(Hope you don't mind, but I changed to topic subject from 'Equipment' to be more descriptive.)

Took me a while to figure out which shop you meant, but it's obvious once I thought about it. :-)

Im quite interested in this. I will pm for details (i have my suspicions but am not sure.) But in future could we bend the forum rules a touch to allow naming of stores if its for a heads up to special items like this or if the store has some ridiculous savings on a single item? Few other forums im member of allow this but dont allow people to advertise their own or affiliated stores and have a blanket rule of no vendor verdicts (pos or neg) of any stores. It works well. Does create tad more moderation...but really with 3 mods on this forum for 100 members at the moment i dont see that being too big an issue ;)
Joe
in vino veritas
in vino veritas

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Stoney Creek Outdoor Equipment.

Postby Son of a Beach » Mon 22 Oct, 2007 9:07 am

taswaterfalls.com wrote:could we bend the forum rules a touch to allow naming of stores if its for a heads up to special items like this or if the store has some ridiculous savings on a single item?

Certainly! This has never been against the rules as such, and I have no problems with mentioning specifics, so long as such posts are solely for the purpose of providing useful information, and not for advertising. (I've actually done this here once or twice myself already). I'll go and update the rules to make it a bit clearer.

Eg, "hey, I found this great thingamabob, at 'Bob's Great Camping Shop' in Stuart Street" would be fine, if people were not generally aware of 'thingamabobs', or had been asking where they might find one.

Please take extra care if you have a particular connection with a business to not become an advertiser for them, whether deliberately or otherwise. Repeated references to the same shop, may eventually be interpreted as advertising by the moderators.

It is difficult to draw the line sometimes, and relies on people being fair dinkum, but I think we're mostly a sensible mob here. I do try to be more careful myself than I would expect others to be, as I don't want it to look like the site admin (and by inference, the entire site) is biased or prejudiced for or against any particular business.

But back to the topic at hand...

My guess is that he was referring to Kathmandu. Am I right?
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Bit Map (NIXANZ)

Near Empty Gas Canisters

Postby corvus » Mon 22 Oct, 2007 12:05 pm

The shop is Kathmandu the product is called "Fill Adaptor" in USA its a "Fuel Tool"
corvus
corvus

Postby Joe » Mon 22 Oct, 2007 5:26 pm

yeah i figured as much. cheers all.

Thanks for the clarification on that too.

Cheers
Joe
in vino veritas
in vino veritas

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Stoney Creek Outdoor Equipment.

Return to Equipment