2person 3season tent advice need

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

2person 3season tent advice need

Postby gido » Fri 17 Apr, 2009 8:13 pm

Hi guys,
I am looking for 2 person 3season tent (because its still not in the plans to put in on the snow).I would like to spend up to 400 and weight could be around 3kg.Thinking of Kathmandu Northstarv3,what do you think about it?Or should I have to look at other ones?

Thanks in advance,
gido
gido
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Re: 2person 3season tent advice need

Postby geoffmallo » Fri 17 Apr, 2009 9:09 pm

Terra Nova laser (not the photon or competition, they are 1+ person) - http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/Product_Typ ... Green.html

Currently $289 USD from the US at moontrail.

Far lighter than the kathmandu tent you're looking at.
geoffmallo
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby corvus » Fri 17 Apr, 2009 10:35 pm

gido,
You could get a Macpac Stellar on special for around $380.00 which is a nice little real 2person tent I have only used mine in Summer however my mates used one in the SW for 15 days with no problems , you will get real quality for your dollars.
c
collige virgo rosas
corvus
Vercundus gearus-freakius
Vercundus gearus-freakius

Region: Tasmania

Postby brissifirey » Sat 18 Apr, 2009 4:54 am

You cannot go wrong with the Macpac Stellar, that is my 2 man tent and has been great, 2.2 kg is not bad when you look at the tough floor you get.
brissifirey
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby gido » Sun 19 Apr, 2009 1:59 pm

Thanks guys for your opinions and recommendations, I appreciate that.

Regards,
gido
gido
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Return to Equipment