Bush cooker

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Bush cooker

Postby samh » Tue 05 May, 2009 11:43 pm

What do you think could this stove be classified as a fuel stove? I just wonder if it could be an altenative on some trips
samh
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Re: Bush cooker

Postby Singe » Wed 06 May, 2009 10:34 am

I think you'd be in trouble if caught using it inside a national park. Even if you brought your own fuel supply, you're still lighting a wood fire directly on the ground - this will look to others as though there's been an open fire (which then encourages them to think stuff it, I'll have one too), and I don't even want to think about the consequences of using it on peat...
“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it is not the same river and he is not the same man.” -Heraclitus
Singe
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Return to Equipment