Anybody lose a sock ?

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Anybody lose a sock ?

Postby kahtadin » Thu 28 May, 2009 1:04 pm

As I lost weight on my Tassie adventure cold nights really bothered my knees and the aching was costing me sleep. It was getting to be a problem. As I slogged along the horrid Port Davey Track headed for what I knew would be a cold night in the Western Arthurs I was ruminating on how to keep my knees warm (you know,multi-tasking !). After about five minutes of this what did I see lying between the mudholes and slumbering tiger snakes in the track but a single sock, and not just an ordinary sock, but a giant sock ! In a flash I knew my nights of cold knees were over.
kahtadin
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Other Country

Re: Anybody lose a sock ?

Postby sml_12 » Thu 28 May, 2009 4:08 pm

:lol:
Ingenious! :P
That's the best laugh I've had in a long time!! What a great post.
"Omnia mea mecum porto"
sml_12
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby Ent » Thu 28 May, 2009 5:00 pm

Content removed by poster
Last edited by Ent on Thu 11 Nov, 2010 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"lt only took six years. From now on, l´ll write two letters a week instead of one."
(Shawshank Redemption)
Ent
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Postby north-north-west » Thu 28 May, 2009 7:27 pm

Well, no, not a sock but, now that you mention it - I don't suppose anyone's been down to Cape Pillar lately and found a pair of fairly new Shimano sunglasses in a lightweight moulded plastic case? Probably on that rocky slope between Perdition Ponds and the Hurricane Heath campsite. It got a wee bit breezy in the arvo and I had to crawl back up there.

Great lateral thinking, there, kat. Good thing it wasn't some other part of the anatomy that was needing the extra insulation . . .
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
north-north-west
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Social Misfits Anonymous

Postby walkinTas » Thu 28 May, 2009 10:05 pm

Amazing! :lol: Now look what you've started. Leg Warmers will be the next big bushwalking fashion. :D Perhaps Nik can add leg warmers to the bwt shop.
walkinTas
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Return to Equipment