currockbilly sleeping bag specs?

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

currockbilly sleeping bag specs?

Postby AWTtrekker » Fri 06 May, 2016 9:47 pm

I was wondering whether anyone knows where I may find specs for older Paddy Pallin sleeping bags. Someone has offered me a 'Paddy Pallin Mountain Series Currockbilly' down sleeping bag. I have asked for them to tell me the weight but haven't heard yet. I can't find any information on this bag on the net so was hoping someone may have a clever link to an older review or similiar
AWTtrekker
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: New South Wales

Re: currockbilly sleeping bag specs?

Postby teak » Sat 07 May, 2016 11:39 am

Hello AWTtrekker, I have two Paddy Pallin Mountain Series bags, a Cloudmaker extra long at 1497 grams and a Brindabella regular at 1580 grams. I think the higher the mountain they are named after the warmer they are. Thus the Currockbilly will be a little lighter than my bags but not as warm. I have used the Brindabella at -8 degrees celcius and the Cloudmaker -2 degrees, so I would expect the Currockbilly to be best above 0 degrees. Hope this helps.
teak
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Tasmania

Re: currockbilly sleeping bag specs?

Postby AWTtrekker » Sat 07 May, 2016 7:46 pm

Thanks very much. She weighed it for me and said is weighs 1.5kg so it sounds like it is around that range. Might not be quite warm enough for what I am wanting.
AWTtrekker
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: New South Wales

Return to Equipment