Mont Firefly 2

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Mont Firefly 2

Postby Pancho » Thu 23 Jun, 2016 10:39 am

Hi There,

Anybody familiar with the Mont Firefly. Its labelled as a 3-4 season 2 person tent.

I spend a bit of time each year in the New Zealand alps and wind/rain/snow can be savage.

Can anybody comment as to the durability of the Firefly.

Cheers Pancho
Pancho
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Re: Mont Firefly 2

Postby frw » Thu 23 Jun, 2016 4:55 pm

Pancho
Just bought a Mont Firefly from Bogong at Melbourne. Untested so far apart from setting up in backyard. It's well made and reasonably roomy for myself and wife. Some may say at 2.5 kg it is a bit heavy. The people at Bogong recommended the Firefly and they know what they are talking about.
Regards Frw
frw
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby cams » Fri 24 Jun, 2016 1:26 pm

Once again. Can't offer too much insight, but my brother got an excellent price on this tent at the Mont store recently and has had it up at the snowies a couple of times already in some pretty exciting conditions. I'll ask him for any feedback he has. Here's a photo he took.

cams
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Tasmania

Postby benjabimon » Fri 24 Jun, 2016 4:04 pm

wow, epic spot, very nice :)
benjabimon
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Return to Equipment