Jetboil minimo no gas flow

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Jetboil minimo no gas flow

Postby kyubi » Tue 28 Jun, 2016 1:09 pm

I'm trying to use my recently purchased jetboil for the first time and it doesn't appear to connect to the cannister properly and release gas. Luckily I brought my old gas stove as a backup which works fine with the same jetboil brand cans. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
kyubi
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Victoria

Re: Jetboil minimo no gas flow

Postby Gadgetgeek » Tue 28 Jun, 2016 5:38 pm

I would guess its a problem with the threads on your stove, or the valve pin. take a good look at the inside of the mating area and see if anything seems different than your old stove. Other than that, snap a photo and send to the jetboil guys.
Gadgetgeek
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Queensland

Postby Mark F » Wed 29 Jun, 2016 4:09 am

First, is there a bit of a hiss when you screw the canister onto the stove or when removing. If so then gas is reaching the stove. If not try a little more force attaching the canister. If still no gas then there is a problem. Either the pin in the stove is too short to open the valve or the canister valve assembly is not correctly aligned. If your other stove works properly with the canister the problem is likely to be the stove.
If gas is getting to the stove then either the jet is blocked - remove and clean jet. Or there is gunk in the valve - dismantle and clean. See the recent thread on the BRS-3000. Or does the jetboil have a pressure regulator? I think one of the new jetboils does. If so return to retailer.
"Perfection is attained not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to remove".
Mark F
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Postby casey79 » Mon 18 Jul, 2016 8:21 pm

I would be taking it back to the retailer you purchased it from for a warranty assessment. Out of the box this shouldn't be happening
casey79
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: New South Wales

Postby paul_gee » Tue 19 Jul, 2016 8:46 am

What Casey79 said. Jetboil are distributed in Australia by Sea to Summit. They are a brilliant company for retailers to deal with and are very proactive where product defects are concerned. Take it back to your retailer and they should sort it promptly.
Crazy keen tramper / trekker / hiker. Former South Australian. Now, exploring the tracks around Melbourne and Victoria.
paul_gee
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: South Australia

Return to Equipment