MontBell Parkas - where to buy?

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

MontBell Parkas - where to buy?

Postby Stew63 » Sun 21 Aug, 2016 1:05 pm

Last year I bought both a mens and womens MontBell AlpineLight Down Parka. They are AWESOME!
I now wish to buy 2 more - one for each of my daughters who have grown to love wearing OUR jackets and have adopted them throughout the winter!
Last year I purchased the mens parka from Torpedo7 and the womens parka from an eBay store in Japan.
Unfortunately I now can't seem to find anywhere online that stock these or any MontBell parkas - does anyone have any clues as to where I can purchase these
terrific jackets? I don't want other brands only MontBell.

(NB. There are a number of online stores in the US that have them listed but have obviously been out of stock in all sizes/colours for quite some time)
Stew63
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Other Country

Re: MontBell Parkas - where to buy?

Postby rogergb » Sun 21 Aug, 2016 11:41 pm

You can but direct from MontBell in Japan http://en.montbell.jp
rogergb
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby Drummo62 » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 8:22 am

Australian stockist but no stores in Vic - https://www.larryadler.com
Drummo62
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Victoria

Postby Stew63 » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 4:07 pm

Thanks rogergb but the MontBell Japan website will not allow purchase or shipping to Australia :(
In the FAQs of the MontBell .jp website it has Larry Adler as the sole stockist in Australia - but as Drummo62 says - no stores in Vic! :shock:
Well that sucks. :(
Stew63
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby Drummo62 » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 4:49 pm

I picked up a couple of Permafrost Parkas on special last Christmas in Jindabyne. Seriously warm jacket and didn't leave it on long in the middle of summer! Larry Adler were good to deal with even posting a second jacket back to VIc as they didn't have the correct size.
Drummo62
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Victoria

Postby Stew63 » Mon 22 Aug, 2016 9:48 pm

Permafrost jacket looks good - similar to the discontinued Alpine Light Jacket that I'm after - however not in black. I would like the 'Frostline' jacket in black but not available here in Oz.
It's a bugger that Australians can't buy from the FULL range of MontBell products on the Japanese website and can only choose from the Australian Larry Adler online store that only sells very limited MontBell products in limited colours compared to the full range.
Almost all other first world countries can buy from the Japanese website including US and NZ - just not Oz :(
Stew63
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Return to Equipment