Thermal singlet/cami?

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Thermal singlet/cami?

Postby lilmeh » Thu 08 Sep, 2016 11:52 am

Hi all,
I'm new so hopefully this is the right place to ask.
I can't seem to find any thermal (100% polyester) camisoles or singlets, does anyone know any brands that sell it in australia or online?
lilmeh
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Victoria

Re: Thermal singlet/cami?

Postby GPSGuided » Thu 08 Sep, 2016 1:37 pm

Nike has a skin layer singlet that has worked well for me, still going for a few years now.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New South Wales

Postby Lophophaps » Thu 08 Sep, 2016 1:48 pm

Lilmeh, welcome to the forum. Bushwalking shops should have what you want. If you can, wait for the bargains. Some discounting is quite substantial.
Lophophaps
Auctorita modica
Auctorita modica

Postby Eremophila » Thu 08 Sep, 2016 1:50 pm

A couple here: http://www.harrisscarfe.com.au/search?t ... al&x=0&y=0

Getting a bit late in the season. Your local Target, K Mart etc may have something similar left in stock as well.
Eremophila
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Postby Stew63 » Thu 08 Sep, 2016 2:37 pm

I bought a SkinFit (Austrian) thermal polypropylene t-shirt many years ago (2000ish) at a small outdoor expo in Melbourne - the company was only in it's infancy way back then and sold a mostly limited range of base layers focussed on X-Country Skiing. The SkinFit t-shirt still is outstanding and still feels much warmer than any of my IceBreaker merino thermals today. I'm finally about to buy some more SkinFit thermals - foregoing Icebreaker this time. At first glance the SkinFit website can be a bit daunting these days as they have just SO many products - but select the Klima link from the Clothing Line drop down menu and I think you'll find what you're looking for. The Klima range are 100% polypropylene and lightweight - each item has it's individual weight and packed dimensions listed on their website which is useful. A little bit $ but you get what you pay for.

skinfit.eu
Last edited by Stew63 on Thu 08 Sep, 2016 3:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Stew63
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Other Country

Postby Mark F » Thu 08 Sep, 2016 2:48 pm

Have a look at the HeatTech range by Uniqlo http://www.uniqlo.com/au/store/women/innerwear-lounge/heattech.html. Very reasonably priced - $15. I use their HeatTech long johns in winter and their Airism undies in summer.
"Perfection is attained not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to remove".
Mark F
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Postby Moondog55 » Thu 08 Sep, 2016 3:13 pm

Definitely the Airism for the sleeveless singlet style I have 4 of them and amazing for the cost
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Return to Equipment