Sore topic for some... undies

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Re: Sore topic for some... undies

Postby stu » Mon 26 Sep, 2016 10:33 am

Any other votes for Skins? Are they uncomfortably tight, being compression wear?
Failing Skins, any other lycra style short recommendations?
stu
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Postby beean » Sat 15 Oct, 2016 12:10 pm

I'm throwing the MyPKG hat in the ring. It's a gimmick that's supremely comfortable.

A warning - if you buy one pair you better buy seven because they'll run every other undie for you. I
beean
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Other Country

Postby Maaxxx » Sat 15 Oct, 2016 8:20 pm

Always wondered about the potential of edible undies. Less food to carry in. Less laundry to carry out. And quite an extensive range of flavours too, from what I've heard. Cherry, Pina Colada, Strawberry and even Chocolate. :)
Maaxxx
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Victoria

Postby ofuros » Sun 16 Oct, 2016 9:45 am

Another cream/ointment for chafing...Lucus Paw Paw ointment.
I've used it while working in sauna like condition in the tropics. Comes in a small tubes or a small tub.
Mountain views are good for my soul...& getting to them is good for my waistline !
https://ofuros.exposure.co/
ofuros
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Queensland

Postby Bushman_Craig » Sat 12 Nov, 2016 10:50 am

Thought I'd better update the thread.

UnderArmour Heatgear Compression Shorts ended up being just the thing for me. I've used them now on a few walks and haven't had any inkling of chafing. I also bought a cheap pair of Chinese compression shorts off Aliexpress to see how they stacked up, and they were just as good. So for me it looks like it was the length of the legs which made the difference.
Bushman_Craig
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: New South Wales

Postby Montaine » Thu 17 Nov, 2016 9:52 pm

Lululemon Surge shorts (AKA activity shorts) with the built in jocks, or without if it's hot. They also dry quickly, so if there's somewhere to swim at the end of the day you can combine showering and clothes washing into the same activity, and still wear them to bed!
Montaine
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Tasmania

Previous

Return to Equipment