One Planet clothing

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

One Planet clothing

Postby sa_cooke » Fri 16 Sep, 2016 12:25 pm

I am looking around for a mid-layer pullover for those days in Tassie when it's too cold to just wear a vest over my long sleeve shirt, but not bad enough to have a rainshell on to keep the wind out, or when I've stopped for the evening, or for lunch. There are a vast array of options available here. I've looked at what Macpac, Mountain Designs, and Mont have. Pretty much very similar and with comparable prices (Polartec Classic 100 or 200)

I note One Planet also have some interesting clothing in the area I'm looking at -- the Orion Pullover for $89

Has anyone tried this out, or at least seen one? If so can you give me some indication of quality please?
sa_cooke
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Tasmania

Re: One Planet clothing

Postby Mickl » Fri 16 Sep, 2016 2:33 pm

I haven't personally seen one and not sure if it helps but we recently went through the process of sorting gear out for our daughter and one of the jumpers recommended for outdoor education kids was the O/P Orion. My experience is most of the outdoor ed gear they recommend for kids is fairly well made and robust otherwise it wouldn't last long the way most kids treat gear....
Mickl
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: South Australia

Postby Strider » Fri 16 Sep, 2016 2:45 pm

I don't have any extended experience but was handed one to try on to test on layering when buying my OP Cat & Dog. Certainly seemed well made enough, at least as much as the other major brands. With their 5 year warranty I wouldn't have any concerns buying any OP clothing.
Strider
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Postby sa_cooke » Fri 16 Sep, 2016 6:28 pm

Good enough for me! Thanks to those who responded. I've never had issues with One Planet gear in the past, so I don't envision issues now. And the price is too good to pass over. It was a choice between Mont or O.P.
sa_cooke
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Tasmania

Return to Equipment