New Sony Camera announced

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

New Sony Camera announced

Postby Aztec » Fri 07 Oct, 2016 8:02 am

Hi Guys,
Well for those that like a small camera without sacrificing the quality, Sony have announced the new RX100 Mark V!

https://www.dpreview.com/news/4559729196/sony-announces-cyber-shot-rx100-mark-v

Sony has announced the latest version of its RX100 series: the Mark V. It maintains a 20MP sensor and 24-70mm equiv. F1.8-2.8 lens, but adds phase-detection AF to achieve focus speeds as fast as 0.05 sec, and a front-end LSI to improve speed of operation and buffering.

I know the RX100s have always been popular with bushwalkers, so it's good to see them releasing new models...
Cheers,
Richard

“Thoughts come clearly while one walks.” - Thomas Mann

Aztec
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Re: New Sony Camera announced

Postby damoprz » Fri 07 Oct, 2016 1:31 pm

I love my entry level cyber-shot, the $500-ish version I think. For someone that is not camera literate, what are the big differences in the more expensive versions?
damoprz
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Postby wayno » Fri 07 Oct, 2016 1:35 pm

big jump in image quality when you are looking at large dimension photos, the 6500 is a faster camera, range of lenses to choose from, fast camera, more manual control over settings.
from the land of the long white clouds...
wayno
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New Zealand

Postby Aztec » Fri 07 Oct, 2016 1:37 pm

damoprz wrote:I love my entry level cyber-shot, the $500-ish version I think. For someone that is not camera literate, what are the big differences in the more expensive versions?

In most cases the differences come down to the "pro" features - being able to shoot RAW, or full manual control, built-in Neutral density filters, wider angle lens etc etc...

If you just shoot on "Auto" all the time, this one may be overkill...
Cheers,
Richard

“Thoughts come clearly while one walks.” - Thomas Mann

Aztec
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Postby wayno » Fri 07 Oct, 2016 1:47 pm

the sensors are bigger , allowing to take better quality photos esp in low light
from the land of the long white clouds...
wayno
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New Zealand

Return to Equipment