Hammock Tent Fans - What do you think?

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Hammock Tent Fans - What do you think?

Postby Cognomen » Thu 03 Nov, 2016 10:16 am

Hi all,
i'm not sure if anyone has come across the kickstarter for the new 2-in-1 hammock tent? It can either be used on the ground or as a hammock.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ka ... all-in-one

What do all the hammock tent users out there think of it?
I'm only new to the hammock tent world... so im not too sure
Cognomen
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Hammock Tent Fans - What do you think?

Postby Gadgetgeek » Thu 03 Nov, 2016 5:09 pm

Looks interesting, but I feel like you end up with so many compromises, its a heavy hammock, expensive tent, trying to be all things to all people is an attractive idea, but rarely works in practice. they may have cracked it, but it would be a first.
Gadgetgeek
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Queensland

Re: Hammock Tent Fans - What do you think?

Postby simonm » Fri 04 Nov, 2016 5:34 am

I think it is a really nice design but it would work better as a tent than a hammock. It is short and narrow which most likely would not be that comfortable, and I assume it used the tent floor material for that hammock which most likely will result in condensation issues and feel clammy in warm weather.

Disclaimer: I make and sell hammocks so have some obvious bias.
simonm
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Tier Gear Tasmania
Region: Tasmania

Return to Equipment