Advice wanted on new gear

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Advice wanted on new gear

Postby GBW » Sat 19 Nov, 2016 10:21 am

I'm lashing out on some new gear for next year...2 X Gossamer Gear Mariposa, ZPacks Triplex and ZPacks 20F double sleeping bag. I looked at the ZPacks packs but the Mariposa seems a better option. Any advice on these products and sizing for myself and my partner. I'm 5'11" and Bridge is about 5' 6". Thanks.
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe"
GBW
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Victoria

Re: Advice wanted on new gear

Postby neilmny » Sat 19 Nov, 2016 11:32 am

Measure torso length and set up this way - measuring starts at 2:28
neilmny
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Return to Equipment