Trail jacket for short people!

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Trail jacket for short people!

Postby Kinolas » Wed 28 Dec, 2016 5:44 pm

Hello guys,

I'm looking for a new "everyday" jacket for my next trip across New-Zealand, the Red Center, Darwin and Western Australia (a 4 months long trip).
Rain is my main concern, more than a warm but I would appreciate something well balanced (waterproof, breathable, lightweight, good looking)
I've two main issues with my researches: my budget is limited (let's say AUD$200) and I'm short (1,60m / 5,2ft). Usually a size S in the men jackets is too big for me. This is my main problem when it's about finding gear that fits in Australia (well, it's quite the same worldwide).

I had a look to the kids sections for Patagonia, Colombia or North Face, but it's very tricky to find and try the jackets in store in Melbourne.
I also had a look to the women gear, which could be good but colors are quite ugly… I don't really understand why women clothing have to be pink, fushia or light blue to be honest.

I'm wondering if you guys know gears/brand that could suit me and where I could try them.
Kinolas
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Victoria

Return to Equipment