Aldi Food Sealer

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Aldi Food Sealer

Postby oldpiscator » Wed 25 Jan, 2017 2:41 pm

Latest Aldi catalogue lists their Ambiano Food Sealer on sale Sat 4/2 for $60 as well as the choice of rolls or bags $14. Can anyone comment on how good these are ? Bags are listed as microwave, boil and freezer safe.
oldpiscator
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Re: Aldi Food Sealer

Postby enduro » Mon 30 Jan, 2017 9:52 am

I have a Sunbeam one that's lasted years and I think there are only a few manufacturers of the bags around and they need to be food safe. Commercially, food is regularly heat treated in the bags so being microwavable and boilable is essential.

We wouldn't be without it for home or hiking.
enduro
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Western Australia

Re: Aldi Food Sealer

Postby CasualNerd » Mon 30 Jan, 2017 11:59 am

I bought a super cheap one from AliExpress - $23. It works way better than I expected, better than the orved $400 machines I've used before.

I can't vouch for it's long term quality but hey if you want to get started cheap...

20170118_130750.jpg
20170118_130750.jpg (94.87 KiB) Viewed 2121 times
CasualNerd
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Return to Equipment