Footwear.

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Footwear.

Postby markg » Tue 04 Apr, 2017 7:07 pm

Good evening. Planning on doing some snowshoeing this winter and was looking for some advice as regards boots that might be suitable. Current boots are Scarpa delta goretex. Bit unsure as to their ability to keep my feet warm once we stop traipsing around. Thanks. Any advice greatly appreciated.
markg
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Re: Footwear.

Postby north-north-west » Wed 05 Apr, 2017 12:45 pm

Just wear warmer socks. Only concession I've ever made, and it works fine.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
north-north-west
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Social Misfits Anonymous
Region: Tasmania

Postby slparker » Wed 05 Apr, 2017 2:56 pm

On a similar note... any advice on snow shoes and trail runners? Goretex/no-goretex or should i try a waterproof sock?
slparker
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby markg » Thu 06 Apr, 2017 6:21 pm

Thank you for the replies. Went with some Salomon winter boots that are insulated and waterproof should take care of the feet. Marmot scree pants as well. Thanks again.
markg
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Return to Equipment