Half bag bargain USA

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Half bag bargain USA

Postby Moondog55 » Wed 26 Apr, 2017 8:40 am

Ceile did say I had far too much gear and I did not [ NOT] need any more sleepng bags ut she is coming home with one of the Brooks Range half bags in her suitcase for me.

https://www.backcountry.com/brooks-rang ... 50569451e5

I'll give a report when I see it.
Western Mountaineering have also added a half bag to their range and while cheaper than the Brooks Range list price it couldn't compete with the clearance price.
The Brooks Range bag is going to be much warmer than the Tamarack I have for sale and it has no zipper. I simply do not like long zips on sleeping bags
The only disadvantage I can se the the Brooks Range bag is that the footbox is slightly larger than that of the WM half bag and my current cold weather bag
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Re: Half bag bargain USA

Postby Moondog55 » Wed 03 May, 2017 11:10 am

cecile is home and I just unpacked the SB
Long and skinny and perfect for my needs
I hope any of you with tall skinny teenagers looked at this before they sold out
Attachments
IMG_9904.JPG
As I said tall and skinny. Not equal to the quality of the WM bag but I did not expect it to be
IMG_9904.JPG (154.4 KiB) Viewed 2049 times
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Return to Equipment