Lightweight Tents - 2nd hand

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Lightweight Tents - 2nd hand

Postby SueO1988 » Sat 06 May, 2017 10:46 am

Hi, I am wanting to purchase the Zpaks Duplex tent but unfortunately they are way expensive having to buy from the US :( Does anyone recommend a site where I could possibly buy a second hand one? Just seems a lot to spend nearly $1000 though it is amazingly light and looks fantastic. My next option is the Big Agnes Copper Spur - any thoughts. I am doing the Larapinta in June this year. Thx Sue
SueO1988
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Queensland

Re: Lightweight Tents - 2nd hand

Postby lseries92 » Sat 06 May, 2017 11:45 am

Beyond posting here it (which is probably a long shot) you may want to take a look at somewhere like the Gear Swap forum on backpackinglight.com although for that particular forum you want it will need a joining fee if you want to post (its free to view though). While it says Gear Swap it is for buying/selling/trading and as it is US based there will be more people on there with that type of kit. The problem you may find is that as it is hiking season over there, anything like that will not last long I suspect.

https://backpackinglight.com/forums/for ... gear-swap/

Note: I have never bought anything this way - not sure if anyone has had any experience with doing this.
lseries92
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby Franco » Sat 06 May, 2017 3:38 pm

I have purchase several items from BPL members but I knew (via the forum..) all of them.
Generally a prolific poster will be safe to buy from.
(there are a lot of people there buying and selling all the time)
Franco
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Postby SueO1988 » Tue 09 May, 2017 6:59 am

Thanks guys I'll check it out
SueO1988
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby Ubiq » Tue 09 May, 2017 5:49 pm

I have the BA Copper Spur UL1 and absolutely love it!
Ubiq
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: New South Wales

Return to Equipment