does anyone resole hiking boots

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Re: does anyone resole hiking boots

Postby Jayps68 » Tue 17 May, 2016 11:11 am

north-north-west wrote:Just how much is the shipping? A pair of leather boots is neither particularly light nor all that small.

Based on past exerience, about $60AUD return. All up I'll save around $200 based on a like for like replacement. I reckon not a bad deal.
It's all the same to me where i begin, for to there I shall return...
Jayps68
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Queensland

Postby pandabear » Wed 16 Nov, 2016 3:19 pm

And then? How's the results? As good as new? I have a few pair of Z Vois waiting to be resoled.

When MD sold it to me, the staff there lied to me and said it can be done easily. Apparently not.
Cape to Cape End-to-Ender (135km) - Oct 2013
Bibbulmun Track End-to-Ender (1000km) - Dec 2013
pandabear
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Bibbulmun Track Foundation Member
Region: Western Australia

Postby Wylie Coyote » Sun 29 Oct, 2017 10:23 am

Hi Jayps68, I have exactly the same Zamberlan Vioz boots with the same problem. I bought them about 6 months before walking the Kokoda Track, so I did quite a few hikes leading up to my trip and then the track its self. Really great boots, very comfy and never even a hint of rubbing. Problem is I put them into the wardrobe for a coupe of years without wearing them. I dusted them off again when I moved to Sweden for a year but within a few wears the sole started disintegrating. The uppers are almost as new, the boots would only have a few hundred Kms on them. Hence my interest in this thread. I'm back in Oz now and I'd love to know how you got on sending your boots overseas to have them resoled.
Wylie Coyote
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Queensland

Postby Dingo » Sun 16 Aug, 2020 5:38 pm

Hi Jayps, Know it’s been a while since you posted this. I’m looking for a place to resolve my Zamberlans too. How did the repairs work out? Thanks.
Dingo
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Western Australia

Previous

Return to Equipment