Lightweight Chair Larapinta

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Lightweight Chair Larapinta

Postby SueO1988 » Fri 02 Jun, 2017 7:34 am

Hi I am planning on doing the Larapinta E to W at the end of June. I have been doing quite a bit of research and want to keep my pack as light as possible. I have seen a few blogs where hikers have taken chairs. Now I'm not sure whether to get one or not. Appreciate advice for those hikers that have done the Larapinta. Thanks Sue
SueO1988
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Queensland

Re: Lightweight Chair Larapinta

Postby paradza » Fri 02 Jun, 2017 8:06 am

Did it last June wonderful experience. Didn't take a chair. A luxury but nice. If staying in the shelters. You have a back rest and platform. Surprisingly tough trail. Rock hopping elevation.the less wieght the better ireckon.
paradza
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: New South Wales

Postby Ubiq » Fri 02 Jun, 2017 8:26 am

Have a look at the Thermarest Z seat. It's not a proper chair with a back support but it makes sitting on the ground a pleasure and weighs next to nothing.
Ubiq
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby wildwanderer » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 9:32 am

I like the Crazy Creek chair - http://www.crazycreek.com/hex-2-0-original-chair/
because
- you can use it without needing to inflate a fragile inflatable mat. Its great for just pulling out of pack and sitting.
- it doubles as a insulating ground layer while sleeping. I use a half length nemo inflating mat (weighs 240 grams) and then use the flat chair for my legs.
- its practically indestructible.
- chair weights 595 grams.

I don't have any affiliation with the company. I just like their product.
wildwanderer
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Return to Equipment